MY BOSS 50 MOTOR BUILD / with updates

Quick Strike

Established Member
i still need tq. specs the with 4.6 W block side main caps bolts. you stocker where at what 15 lbs.? plus 90 degree more...so iam think 25 lb here and plus 90 deg more ?

Yes, I have the 03 Cobra block, but I used the reusable 8mm side bolts from MMR. Those were 15lbs. I am not sure what the spec is on the 9mm 4.6 W TTY bolts.

It looks tight, but I sectioned off one bay and a work area in my three car garage. Then I insulated it above and on the sides. That way I can heat and cool it at a reasonable cost all year round. With cable and a few lawn chairs out there it is a good place to escape whether I am working or not.

Last edited:

SlowSVT

Established Member
Gary

If your using the side bolts that came with the motor I believe "technically" they are considered "used" since they were torqued at the factory. Might want to consider new ones. The reason for using the ARP side bolts is you will never need to buy replacements. The ARP side bolts are suppose to be torqued to 30 ft lbs. in three stages. these bolts really arn't under any real load and are only used to locate the caps and prevent them from moving.

What went wrong with your ARP side bolts?

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
all you need is a summit or jegs kit, and a solid lash adjuster. also- fyi, hopefully you have an ARP crank bolt but even if you do- use the old to turn the motor over, or even better use a SBC crank socket as it will fit the modular crank perfectly. what adjustable gears are you using? I have a suggestion for you is you don't have any yet- only costs 100 bux and will never slip

Users who are viewing this thread