My Brand New F150, Problems Already

FordTechOne

First off...don't listen to Service Advisors. They are literally just sales people for the service department working on commision, 99% of them have no idea what they're taking about.

Second, the 10,000 mile oil change interval is the maximum under perfect conditions. Which means mild temperatures, all highway driving, and no towing or hauling. That basically fits the use case of nobody. Most people fall under the "severe" schedule", which is ~5K oil changes. The oil life monitor adjusts to suit the driving conditions, but it's not perfect. Mine typically indicates an oil change every 6-7K miles, which is about accurate given the use case.

Third...the engine is not broken in until 10,000 miles at minimum. During that break in period, it may, and typically will, use more oil. My 2019 3.5 HO used a quart in the first 5k miles, and hasn't burned a drop since. No oil consumption test should even be attempted before the engine is at least broken in.

As far a Sync, the majority of issues are the result of the paired device. We've seen the "MLB at Bat" app lock up navigation on Sync 3, as well as countless other issues caused by devices. Before you blame the system, consider what you're trying to pair to it. Another blunder is emojis in the contact list, they will pull down any infotainment unit.

USMC53CHIEF

Established Member
First off...don't listen to Service Advisors. They are literally just sales people for the service department working on commision, 99% of them have no idea what they're taking about.

Second, the 10,000 mile oil change interval is the maximum under perfect conditions. Which means mild temperatures, all highway driving, and no towing or hauling. That basically fits the use case of nobody. Most people fall under the "severe" schedule", which is ~5K oil changes. The oil life monitor adjusts to suit the driving conditions, but it's not perfect. Mine typically indicates an oil change every 6-7K miles, which is about accurate given the use case.

Third...the engine is not broken in until 10,000 miles at minimum. During that break in period, it may, and typically will, use more oil. My 2019 3.5 HO used a quart in the first 5k miles, and hasn't burned a drop since. No oil consumption test should even be attempted before the engine is at least broken in.

As far a Sync, the majority of issues are the result of the paired device. We've seen the "MLB at Bat" app lock up navigation on Sync 3, as well as countless other issues caused by devices. Before you blame the system, consider what you're trying to pair to it. Another blunder is emojis in the contact list, they will pull down any infotainment unit.
I know there is a TSB for Android Auto, but I don't use that either. The issues I have are experienced by both Apple, Android and Google phones connected to it. Just disappointed in the Sync system. Emojis shouldn't be bringing down infotainment units.

Just based on your screen name and post, I am guessing youre a Ford Tech. Wondering what you've seen with this window issue. Cant seem to run into a new F150 owner that hasnt had or current has window issues.

FordTechOne

I know there is a TSB for Android Auto, but I don't use that either. The issues I have are experienced by both Apple, Android and Google phones connected to it. Just disappointed in the Sync system. Emojis shouldn't be bringing down infotainment units.

Just based on your screen name and post, I am guessing youre a Ford Tech. Wondering what you've seen with this window issue. Cant seem to run into a new F150 owner that hasnt had or current has window issues.
Device manufacturers release product revisions and software updates constantly, auto manufacturers can’t design their infotainment systems to be compatible with products that don’t even yet exist. OEs are always playing catch up to fix the new issues created, hence the Sync update.

As far as windows, I don’t work at a dealer anymore, so I can’t offer much insight in regards to that. Personally I have not seen it. If it’s a widespread concern they’ll most likely issue a service message with a revised part/part number or a software update. Hopefully the part that they emergency ordered takes care of the issue for you.

USMC53CHIEF

Established Member
Device manufacturers release product revisions and software updates constantly, auto manufacturers can’t design their infotainment systems to be compatible with products that don’t even yet exist. OEs are always playing catch up to fix the new issues created, hence the Sync update.

As far as windows, I don’t work at a dealer anymore, so I can’t offer much insight in regards to that. Personally I have not seen it. If it’s a widespread concern they’ll most likely issue a service message with a revised part/part number or a software update. Hopefully the part that they emergency ordered takes care of the issue for you.
I called them back last week to check on the status, parts are on back order with unknown date to receive them.

USMC53CHIEF

Established Member
auto manufacturers can’t design their infotainment systems to be compatible with products that don’t even yet exist. OEs are always playing catch up to fix the new issues created, hence the Sync update.
I would argue against this. Tesla does this pretty smoothly and is typically ahead of the game. Just tells me, in this specific incident Ford doesn't invest enough into the creature comforts such as the infotainment system.

Last edited:

USMC53CHIEF

Established Member
Update: 5/31/2022

I'm on my third Case# with Ford Customer Service as apparently they time out rather than only close upon problem rectification. Windows still do not roll down or up.

In the next couple of weeks I will begin Lemon Law submission

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread