My buddies GT is unbeaten in my town!

LeoGSVT

Banned
Hey yall, i own a Kenne Bell 03 cobra and spend most of my time in the terminator section but i figured i would come on over and share a litttle about my buddy's GT here in north florida!! There are pages of people who are lining up to get a run against him! and so far he is undefeated! His car is an 05' with a 2.5'' upper pulley custom made by whipple, the car is pushing 20lbs of boost, custom dyno tuned at a local shop and put down 635rwhp and 601rwtrq...the car is a freaking beast! we lined up last week with a guy who swore he would take the GT, in his Subaru STI, completly built GT35 single turbo, fuel system, and a 100 shot of nitrous, running race gas on 29lbs of boost! claiming 600 AWDHP! here is a link to the video....Click Here!

we also raced a H/C trans amm with a 150 wet shot, that trapped 131 in the 1/4 mile, and we pulled 4 cars on him...that is also on video but not online yet! he has been called out by a procharged 03 with a shot of spray on it making 702 to the wheels, but i think with the GT's gearing and power curve it will me no match on the higway, especially after he installs the full header/exhaust and intake setup and re-tunes the car on 100 octane... i hope you guys like the vid! and im making a huge compilation that will up and running soon!

Fourcam330

Established Member
I'm thinking that has to be a Mustang Dyno, or those #s are low for 20psi. Nice vid btw.

Last edited:

Fourcam330

Established Member
That's high 600s on a DJ. Very impressive for an otherwise stock motor.

LeoGSVT

Banned
hese got a set of headers on the way, along with a race gas file, and some k&N filters for the stock airboxes, because i dont think they make an itake setup for it...should be good for 680-700 to the wheels we hope!

Fourcam330

Established Member
LeoGSVT said:
hese got a set of headers on the way, along with a race gas file, and some k&N filters for the stock airboxes, because i dont think they make an itake setup for it...should be good for 680-700 to the wheels we hope!

Props to your friend. Any plans for cams or basic headwork?

Last edited:

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
Were they in slow motion or what?

630rwhp isn't going to get you many wins here in the Detroit area.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
unit213 said:

I wouldn't exactly say that :dw:

If you look in the right places, sure you'll get your ass whipped, but there's a whole lotta sub-500rwhp cars trawling around for races at the usual spots...

LeoGSVT

Banned
in my town, there arent a whole lot of really fast cars, maybe 1 or 2 singled really quick supras, a few cobras, 1 being prochagrged any maybe a hanfull KB, or whipple, im just saying in my town, no one can take him down just yet...just sharing some storries..

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
DBK said:
If you look in the right places, sure you'll get your ass whipped, but there's a whole lotta sub-500rwhp cars trawling around for races at the usual spots...

Yeah...that's fair. There are a lot of monsters out there too though. :eek:

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
unit213 said:
Yeah...that's fair. There are a lot of monsters out there too though. :eek:

Indeed. I hate knowing having a car capable of mid 10's isn't enough. I remember like even 4 or 5 years ago, it was like "holy shit" to see a newer Vette or Cobra etc, go 130mph through the traps. Now it's the junior varsity standard...

satx

Banned
unit213 said:

remember there is also a BIG difference in 630rwhp based on what most people use (dynojet) and 630 rwhp on a mustang dyno.

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
Get those rear exit headers on that car ASAP and get a video up. I'm trying to get my old man to get those on his...

I think K&N has a filter/intake kit out right now. And boy would I love to see what cams & possible head work would do on that particular car...

Last edited:

H46D

Shark attacks up
Established Member
LeoGSVT said:
in my town, there arent a whole lot of really fast cars, maybe 1 or 2 singled really quick supras, a few cobras, 1 being prochagrged any maybe a hanfull KB, or whipple, im just saying in my town, no one can take him down just yet...just sharing some storries..

Where is the new hang out since Sonic closed?

Last edited:

Orr89rocz

WTF
Established Member
a 600awhp STI with a great launch should have taken the GT. the GT wouldnt be able to catch up till WELL after 1/4 mile is over. STI is slighly lighter than the GT, and even tho the GT has some more power, its not gonna hook off the street like awd.

that must be awicked fast car to be pullin on 131 trappin cars.

i have heard that some ppl dynoing only a few hp more on dynojets over mustang dynos. sometimes the differences arent all that much between the two. sometimes it is and you can gain like 10-20% more power on dynojets.
idk, just what i heard.

Users who are viewing this thread