My buddies GT is unbeaten in my town!

Orr89rocz

WTF
Established Member
C6 Z06 has 3.42 gears with the 6 speed T56. the gearing isnt exactly optimal for 1/4 mile but is a good compromise between topspeed and acceleration.

the standard C6 i believe has gears similar to that, but their redline is lower in the LS2.

COBRA MAN OF UT

F...UR SUPRA @ GTR
Established Member
I"m so sick of hereing about how AWD is unbeatable on the streets. Awd will never be better then RWD that is why there are sub .90 60fts from rwd at the track. On the street the right driver the right tires and tire pressure a little VHT and AWD means nothing try it one time. If u really want to be technical bust out the blow torch for the first 100ft. Watch the scandalous video and tell me some awd is goin to out lanch EZ moneys silver notch back please.......

mustangbee

Established Member
COBRA MAN OF UT said:
I"m so sick of hereing about how AWD is unbeatable on the streets. Awd will never be better then RWD that is why there are sub .90 60fts from rwd at the track. On the street the right driver the right tires and tire pressure a little VHT and AWD means nothing try it one time. If u really want to be technical bust out the blow torch for the first 100ft. Watch the scandalous video and tell me some awd is goin to out lanch EZ moneys silver notch back please.......

:dw: awd sucks huh? ok, thats new to me :thumbsup:

satx

Banned
RWD can definately be set up to beat AWD but most RWD cars are not set up to do so. AWD also allows a car to have a suspension that is condusive to turning while still allowing good launch capability. I think as far as this thread goes people are underestimating the GT's ability to hook up. Apparently they forget that HEAVY @ss 5.4 mod plus transaxle (yes the whole drivetrain) sits right over the 315s on the back of the GT. Think about how good 911s launch compared to front engined cars.

TRXboy

Established Member
satx said:
RWD can definately be set up to beat AWD but most RWD cars are not set up to do so. AWD also allows a car to have a suspension that is condusive to turning while still allowing good launch capability. I think as far as this thread goes people are underestimating the GT's ability to hook up. Apparently they forget that HEAVY @ss 5.4 mod plus transaxle (yes the whole drivetrain) sits right over the 315s on the back of the GT. Think about how good 911s launch compared to front engined cars.

Exactly what i am saying. Although im not about to say the GT can grab traction from a 5000 RPM Launch, With some D/R on it i think it could hook pretty damn good.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
mustangbee said:
:dw: awd sucks huh? ok, thats new to me :thumbsup:
of course all wheel drive sucks. thats why lamborghini completely stopped using it on their cars. oh, wai.....

SpookSVT

Established Member
Orr89rocz said:
^ i'm just saying AWD on the street if pretty hard to beat. that AMS 600+awhp EVO raced a few KB 600rwhp cobras and from a dig, it was absolute joke for the cobras, but from a roll, it was abit closer.

same thing here with the GT. from a dig, AWD would reallly keep that car ahead for a while. i'm telling you it happens.

IIRC, they ran to about 120 or 130. AWD is good from a dig to about that point w/ similar numbers being put out. The EVO has REALLY close gear ratios and a tall final drive ratio which is why it pulls so hard from a dig and low MPH rolls. 40 or 50 roll, the cobra would of walked by him at about 120. Anything 60 or up, cobra walking by him hard.

Orr89rocz

WTF
Established Member
actualy the evo and cobra never went from a dig, but a creepin roll. the other cobras that had over 600rwhp werent even close and for good reason... 600rwhp at 3700-3800 race weight compared to 600awhp at 3200-3300 race weight. big weight difference to over come.

and how many of you guys go out on a night looking for a race and bring your blow torch and VHT with yah? and set up a street to run? come on thats ridiculous

i'm not sayin AWD is unbeatable.. just that with 600whp+, awd sure makes it nice from a dig. 4 tires is greater than 2

COBRA MAN OF UT

F...UR SUPRA @ GTR
Established Member
and how many of you guys go out on a night looking for a race and bring your blow torch and VHT with yah? and set up a street to run? come on thats ridiculous

U must never have seen 8 second cars racing on the street before for $5000 in cash.

And if u know of some people in ur area that think conditioning a road is retarded and they race for big bucks please pm for there are a few people that for the right money will show u what it can do..

That is the problem the AWD car didnt beat the RWD car The AWD driver driver beat a RWD driver. Again go watch the scandalous video some of the vid is retarded but there are good examples of when there is money on the line what people do also slow the video down both the mustangs are pulling wheels on the street for almost 100ft and camaro is too.... Just go watch the video then tell me its retarded to prep a road watch it then come back and tell me AWD is an advantage

TRXboy

Established Member
Ry_Trapp0 said:
of course all wheel drive sucks. thats why lamborghini completely stopped using it on their cars. oh, wai.....

Enzo > Murcilago (SP?)

F430 > Gallardo

Orr89rocz

WTF
Established Member
That is the problem the AWD car didnt beat the RWD car The AWD driver driver beat a RWD driver. Again go watch the scandalous video some of the vid is retarded but there are good examples of when there is money on the line what people do also slow the video down both the mustangs are pulling wheels on the street for almost 100ft and camaro is too.... Just go watch the video then tell me its retarded to prep a road watch it then come back and tell me AWD is an advantage

what u talkin about? the 600+awhp evo destroyed all competition... from rolls none the less. from a dig it would have been more sad. its an impressive car.. cant say more than that.

again, for money i bet ppl do go out and prepare the road. i seen it done before but 90% of the stories you see on the net in kills forums were random street mets when they were drving to somewhere or driving home from work. no time to hit up the VHT and whatnot. i still think in most situations under 500-600rwhp... AWD has the advantage on the street. even VhT streets arent as well prepped as tracks are...and proper AWD launches still will hold their own.

Enzo > Murcilago (SP?)

F430 > Gallardo

not even close to compare.. both cars arent the same league... try 430 vs murc and enzo is above every lambo.. apples to oranges

Last edited:

69Mach1351w

Established Member
i cant wait to convince my dad into modding his car, once the comp. is completed hopefully it will be just enough to get the pulley and tune :) I already think the thing is fast as hell, but a pulley and the full exhaust(which they say is not street legal due to noise :) ) would make the GT a legend around my area. Already a H/C camaro w/ 150 is talkin major shit, his #'s are 390 410 off bottle and 503 hp 603 tq on spray. With the pulley he should be dust.

TRXboy

Established Member
Orr89rocz said:
not even close to compare.. both cars arent the same league... try 430 vs murc and enzo is above every lambo.. apples to oranges

Last time I check the F430 was in the same price bracket as the Gallardo, not to mention they have been compaired several times in multiple publication's, so I think it is safe to say that they are Apples to Apples.

As for the Murc. I believe Lamborgini has came out with a 640+hp Murc. May be a good showing to the Enzo (doubtful).

Last time I checked, that 600+ Evo that smoked those two cobra's from a roll, got Beat on 1/8 mile track. Broke7 with a ported Eaton did it. AWD is good, but can be a draw back as well..

Users who are viewing this thread