My car was stolen early this AM in Miami

coco

Established Member
Torch Red 10th Anniversary edition convertible, tags: DQ6MH. Stolen in front of my house in Miami, in Doral around 5-6 AM. Has new fusion ZRI tires if this helps. With alarm, pure stock, no mods. Insurance appraisal around 32,610 according to the Kelly Blue Book with 19,000 miles. Has alarm (apparently didn't worked). Please let me know if you see this car.
Any tips are well appreciated. :fm:

Last edited by a moderator:

SublimeRT

'94 Slooowbraa
Established Member
Sorry to hear about this. :( I hope you get it back unharmed. I also hope the theives get what they deserve.......some rounds from your Smith and Wesson. Keep us updated.

-Blaise

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Sorry to hear about your loss. Hopefully they find her..

I live in Lake Worth and about 3.5 years ago before gettin my 03 Cobra my 99 Camaro SS was stolen from the apartment complex I lived at.. Worked out good for me though as my lease was up in 3 weeks and I was 30k over my allowed mileage.. That would have cost me 6k just for that.. All in all they never found the car and I actually got a check from Statefarm for $1200 as they valued the car more than what was owed to GM for the lease..

Anyhow, I know the feeling of beeing invaded. Its definately a crappy feeling.. Hang in there and good luck. Jared

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That is really horrible news. I hope they find it soon with little or no damage. Crap like this happens more and more these days. I remember being so paranoid about where I parked mine and where I went with it. If we ever went to a hotel I'd always park it where I could see it from the window and it seemed I'd wake up 3-4 times during the night just to make sure she was okay.

o4cOb|2a

Wheel Hop 4 Life
Established Member
That sucks hopefully they find the car in one piece and catch that sob that took it.

nate

Established Member
I feel your pain. My car was stolen a couple of years ago from a pay-to-park lot next to the reasturant I was at. The cops found it a few days later in an old abandoned lot in a bad part of town, mostly intact. But the motor and tranny were unbolted and an engine hoist was attached to it. Good luck, it will get better.

coco

Established Member
Thanks for your support. Like Chonger said, I do not want it back...Got to wait now for the Shelby or a new Z06.

twista

Band'edid
Established Member
damn people picking on verts =( i hope you get that cobra back and hope the driver knew how to drive something that powerful

coco

Established Member
Just got home and had a message from the Miami Metro Dade Police, Department of recovered vehicles. I called them back and their offices close at 4:30 PM. Now is the suspense, apparently they recovered the car in less than 72 hours, now what did they recovered? Have to wait until tomorrow to find out and I am taking the camera with me.

primo

Established Member
Glad they found it, now how they found it is another story. I wouldn't want it back. I bet the drove it like they stole it. :cuss:

imswheel

Quality SVT Poster
Established Member
Good luck or bad? Hmmm......

I am glad they found it - hope it is alright.

Having delt with stolen vehicles and Lojack in south Florida I am amazed that it was not popped into a container and on its way to South America within hours of getting boosted.

Have the oil and coolant changed before you run it -
Have the compression checked before you run it -
Drain and refill the gas tank -
Check the tire tread depth and if the rears are bald be sure to submit that to insurance as well.

We recovered cars that seemed ok only to find that they filled the crankcase with gravel, sand in the radiator, bodily fluids in the gas tank, sugar - salt -flour in the gas tank, ect.........

Sometimes it is just not enough for them to joy ride in a nice car. If they busted the punks while they were driving it then things are most likely OK. If they found it at a chop shop before it got chopped then things are most likely OK as well. if it was abandoned somewhere be very very cautious and vigilant.

Keep us posted and goodluck.

- Paul

Users who are viewing this thread