My car was stolen last night

KDog

Established Member
Holy crap! Sorry to see that. :cryying:

So, how did they get past the PATS, and idea?

fhp89lx

SVT Pride
Established Member
That sucks. That is my worse fear because I am a first time cobra owner. You always have to worry where you park or take your ride. I know a friend of mine that owns a black 03 10th aniv and he went to the Mall of the Americas in Miami and he parked the car between the Home Depot and the Mall at 3:00pm. Now for those of you that live in Miami and know this area you know that it's very busy and there is always lots of people outside. Well, my friend walked in the mall for 20 minutes and when he can back out these A-Holes stoled the front and rear bumpers, the door panels and 1 door and some interior parts. This was done in front of people. The security sucks at this place.
That's why I dont take my cobra to any malls here. And forget about movie theatres. Basically, in Miami there are almost no safe places to park your cobra and feel safe. Especially with the overcrowded parking. I am sorry about your loss. I hope this does'nt happen to you again or any of you. I dont own a gun, but if I had one I will shot any mother F****R that tries to steel my car. That's why I own a 93 explorer as a daily driver and use the cobra on the weekends.
If you parked your car in front of your house then that makes it a easy target. I park my car in my property by the side of the house covered, but I do have a fence and a killer dog.
Hope you get that shelby but I heard dealers are jacking the price to $45-$50 because of the demand.
Good luck and I hope you find another 03-04 cobra.

blown330

Established Member
hey george, this is chris from Wildfire Customs. we talked on the phone earlier. when you told me that they recovered it i was pretty sure they left it stripped but i had no idea just how bad it was ! it is really a shame for that to happen to a cobra, let alone a 10th ann. cobra as nice as yours.
it's like i always say if someone wants it they'll steal it no mater what, but remember what goes around comes around.
i'll be more than happy to keep an eye out for you to see if we can atleast get one of these bastards off the streets.

good luck w/ your new car and feel free to call me w/ any updates.

- christian.

coco

Established Member
Thanks a lot Chris, those bastards need to be caught and put out of circulation. It feels like shit driving the SUV and not feeling the power, sucks. I will like to take a look at the 10th anniverssary. You have my email, maybe this weekend if okay with you. The insurance said that they will pay me most likely next week the replacement cost. I also had easy care and I am suppose to get a 5000.00 extra but it is kind of tricky because I have to buy a car from the dealer (metro ford) and only have 120 days to buy it, besides the dealer will get some money from the 5k. I paid 349.00 for this antitheft coverage, kind of ironic. If I don't buy the 10th anniverssary, I'll buy a small piece of shit from metro Ford and give it to my wife, she doesn't minds (I hope) and just wait for the Shelby. Metro Ford already told me that the shelbys will be sold on a first come basis. I'll give you a call once this hurricane is gone.

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
Damn man, sorry to see what happened to your car. I had my twin turbo 5.0L stolen from me March 20th of this year. It was stolen in lake worth. They did the same thing to my car in 2 days! Except after they stripped my car, they burned it to the ground. I kinda wish that they never would have found it so that i wouldnt have to have identified it as my car, makes me get real teary thinking about the first time i saw it after t was towed to the yard. Here is what the car was, and then what was left after it was found......

dragdriveside.jpg

burned.jpg

burned4.jpg

I hope to one day find the bastards that did this to me, and now the people that did this to your car. I think it deserves the death penalty with the victim (me and you) being the one pulling the trigger.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Carbd86GT said:
Damn man, sorry to see what happened to your car. I had my twin turbo 5.0L stolen from me March 20th of this year. It was stolen in lake worth. They did the same thing to my car in 2 days! Except after they stripped my car, they burned it to the ground. I kinda wish that they never would have found it so that i wouldnt have to have identified it as my car, makes me get real teary thinking about the first time i saw it after t was towed to the yard. Here is what the car was, and then what was left after it was found......

dragdriveside.jpg

burned.jpg

burned4.jpg

I hope to one day find the bastards that did this to me, and now the people that did this to your car. I think it deserves the death penalty with the victim (me and you) being the one pulling the trigger.

Why did the thief's change your wheels before burning it? You sure that is your car?

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
FordSVTFan said:
Why did the thief's change your wheels before burning it? You sure that is your car?
i am sure it was my car. I had to notch the passenger side strut tower to accomedate the passenger side turbo, Incon TT kit. I know my car like teh back of my hand, i am sure. You can also see the green wire hanging in the air in the photo of the front of the car, that was the monster tach signal wire that i ran to the MSD which was behind the front bumper.

burned5.jpg

Last edited:

coco

Established Member
What about the VIN? Certainly they f..k our cars to the bones...sorry about you car too. I really hope that the police or federals are looking into this matter because this wasn't done by kids, those guys are pro, and very good. It has to be an organization that works all over and from what happened to my car I don't think any SVT is safe. There are 20,000,000 regular mustangs on the streets versus a few thousand SVT's. All they need is to steal the the car and swap everything, and most likely those cars will be legal. So my friends protect these great machines.

BmoseleyINC

SVT Immortal
Established Member
JESUS CHRIST guys...im so sorry for the both of you!!! God damn those guys new wtf they were doing. :kaboom: :kaboom: They took everything... :nonono: Well hopefully the money from insurance will cover a new one, with some mod money left over!!

R.I.P 10th anniversary Cobra/TT 5.0 fox.

IM a former fox-body owner/lover, that hurts me. :mj: :xpl:

This is why I will never live anywhere again, where I don't have a garage for my Cobra.

Last edited:

madmatt

Stockishly Slow
Established Member
Holy crap guys, wtf is wrong with some people... Im so sorry yall, that sucks. Makes me cringe to think about someone treating my car like that. I dont know if they were that smart though, they left the bilstiens...

Users who are viewing this thread