My CFTP

Grey03

Established Member
20200910_170913.jpg
20200910_171041.jpg
I thought I would share a couple pictures of my car.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Expensive, of course, but that's the top dog. Nice paint and stripe package. When did you take delivery?

Grey03

Established Member
Expensive, of course, but that's the top dog. Nice paint and stripe package. When did you take delivery?

I took delivery a little over two weeks ago. It still needs a little paint correction and ppf.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Another GT-500 needing paint correction. There was another thread @Goose17 started concerning how bad the paint was on his 2020 GT-500. Maybe you saw it. He did the paint correction himself, but man, is the paint from the factory sub-par across the board, or is it just an issue with some of the cars. These are expensive cars.

Grey03

Established Member
Another GT-500 needing paint correction. There was another thread @Goose17 started concerning how bad the paint was on his 2020 GT-500. Maybe you saw it. He did the paint correction himself, but man, is the paint from the factory sub-par across the board, or is it just an issue with some of the cars. These are expensive cars.
It's the horrible paint work by Penske. Not even close to worth the 10k they charge. My car was covered in rubbing compound and had clearcoat overspray on everything. I was able to get most of it corrected, but it still needs professional attention to be perfect. The quality control is a joke.

MG0h3

Established Member
It's the horrible paint work by Penske. Not even close to worth the 10k they charge. My car was covered in rubbing compound and had clearcoat overspray on everything. I was able to get most of it corrected, but it still needs professional attention to be perfect. The quality control is a joke.

Such BS. Are you allowed to not accept the car? Tell the dealer to cough up the cash for a paint correction?

“BLM is doing God’s work”
2KblackGT

svtperformance.com mobile app

ToddW702

Established Member
Beautiful car. Sucks that they are so careless with the paint. At 106k it should be pretty close to perfect you would think.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Snoopy49

Established Member
Wow what a beauty...... but a $100k for a Mustang? Not is million ****ing years!

Funny, that is what I said about a $50K Mustang and then I read about the 2013 GT500. I ended up buying a new 2013 GT500 and have never regretted that decision. Up until that time the most money I ever spent on a vehicle was $19K on a 1995 F250 PS. Up until that time I never bought a vehicle that I didn't need, and want was not an option at that time.

I could not justify buying the 2013 or the 2020 and if I had to justify the purchases, I would not have bought them.

Grey03

Established Member
Wow what a beauty...... but a $100k for a Mustang? Not is million ****ing years!

I understand where you are coming from. It is a bunch of money. I know many people will say "It's just a mustang" A 760hp, DCT, carbon fiber wheels, huge brakes, and carbon fiber winged mustang. Yep, and all that costs money. If you can build me a car with all that for less, please share. Supercharger=$$ DCT=$$$ Carbon wheels=$$$$ Carbon wing=$$$$ Brakes=$$ Now, should the paint be better? Hell yeah it should be.

Users who are viewing this thread