My clock stopped on the 95R

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Doc,

I swear, I am forgetting more than I remember with these cars. What is OMD1 or OMD2?

That noise could certainly be the steering rack. They were prone to making noise. Pumps as well. Is that ABS issue contributing to your issue?

Never had a 10th Anniv. I went from the 2 top to a 2014 GT500. After owning the 14 about a month told the wife I would never drive the 95 again. Sold the 2 top a month later. Having a blast with the 14.

I've actually been working on getting the Zippo back on the track again. So far I replaced the cell with a Glenn's tank, which is a great piece. I had the car at an autocross a couple months back and it is overheating. The fan isn't coming on correctly. Also working on my trailer getting it road worthy. Looking forward to enjoying a few events in the Zippo R again.

Tom

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
I swear, I am forgetting more than I remember with these cars. What is OMD1 or OMD2?

That noise could certainly be the steering rack. They were prone to making noise. Pumps as well. Is that ABS issue contributing to your issue?

Never had a 10th Anniv. I went from the 2 top to a 2014 GT500. After owning the 14 about a month told the wife I would never drive the 95 again. Sold the 2 top a month later. Having a blast with the 14.

I've actually been working on getting the Zippo back on the track again. So far I replaced the cell with a Glenn's tank, which is a great piece. I had the car at an autocross a couple months back and it is overheating. The fan isn't coming on correctly. Also working on my trailer getting it road worthy. Looking forward to enjoying a few events in the Zippo R again.

Tom

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member

Tom

Tom,
It's really good as to when both of us forget the OMD issue?

To be clear, I have sold four cars and the one 2004 F-350 truck and trailer. I'd never sell my old 95R.

My 95R will get new tires this week. Goodyear tires from my local friends. [Pictures later this week]

I have the original wheels and the original sticker BFG tires in my basement.

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
Doc, Stopped Clock = TIme to Sell! Let me know.

Hey Dean,
I plan to keep it. ;) I took it out yesterday.

I remember long ago when we would joke about the clock being on the car. Ford deleted the backseat, all insulation, any possibility of an option, P/W, radio......but felt the clock was necessary.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Tom,
It's really good as to when both of us forget the OMD issue?

To be clear, I have sold four cars and the one 2004 F-350 truck and trailer. I'd never sell my old 95R.

My 95R will get new tires this week. Goodyear tires from my local friends. [Pictures later this week]

I have the original wheels and the original sticker BFG tires in my basement.

Hi Doc, yes I still lurk from time to time.

Is it OMB1 or 2? or OBD1 or 2?

Are you asking about On-Board Diagnostics system? OBD1 or OBD2? or something else?

If OBD, I think (but am not positive) that Ford went to OBD2 in 1996......again, not sure....It has been a while since I did anything with these "older cars"....;)

R

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
Hi Doc, yes I still lurk from time to time.

Is it OMB1 or 2? or OBD1 or 2?

Hey Robert,
It is the On-Board Diagnostics system OBD1 that I was looking for. Frankly, I am not sure that I am getting correct information in my other searches.

It's not a problem since the car drives very well while I know the LF brake ABS doesn't work (brake works but not ABS). It's a hobby car with a fuel tank from a stock GT.

So, what are you in today? I remember that you sold your triple collection of the R's. You sold your 93R at the top of the market which shows your timing ability.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Hey Robert,
It is the On-Board Diagnostics system OBD1 that I was looking for. Frankly, I am not sure that I am getting correct information in my other searches.

It's not a problem since the car drives very well while I know the LF brake ABS doesn't work (brake works but not ABS). It's a hobby car with a fuel tank from a stock GT.

So, what are you in today? I remember that you sold your triple collection of the R's. You sold your 93R at the top of the market which shows your timing ability.

Still into the 2008 725 Super Snake that I bought after the R sales..........An old "late model" Shelby in todays world...............but, I am still spending $$$ on it, I enjoy owning it and time marches on.......

I just happened to see the "95R clock stopped" title and laughed. I remember when we used to talk about that clock on the 95R........Maybe Ford should have made a "clock delete" plate!! LOL!!

I am no help on the ABS issue. In the end it could require a Volt/OHM meter and a 1995 Ford Mustang Shop Manual to troubleshoot that issue.

R

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
Still into the 2008 725 Super Snake that I bought after the R sales..........An old "late model" Shelby in todays world...............but, I am still spending $$$ on it, I enjoy owning it and time marches on.......

Robert,
I just noticed that I joined 5-7-2003, and you joined 8 days later on 5-15-2003. Go figure. Both of us are 15 Year members with 16 years coming forward.

I am trying to order a 2019 Mustang GT PP1. I thought that I had one ordered, but the dealer came back with a new deal. I'll get the next one in writing.

Cheers to You,
Doc

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Robert,
I just noticed that I joined 5-7-2003, and you joined 8 days later on 5-15-2003. Go figure. Both of us are 15 Year members with 16 years coming forward.

I am trying to order a 2019 Mustang GT PP1. I thought that I had one ordered, but the dealer came back with a new deal. I'll get the next one in writing.

Cheers to You,
Doc

That is funny, me 8 days later..........You have seniority (LOL!)

That 2019 should be a nice car, well advanced from my 2008 technology.

The big deal was the 2020 GT500 unveiling yesterday.....big deal to some, but I want to know what HP level the new GT500 is at? They did not mention that, only 700+.

R

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
ABS diagnosis info.

Thanks for the link. I found a guy that will loan me the tool.

Other stuff: I bought a set of Toyo Extensa HP II tires yesterday. I had mentioned that the tires on the car were dry rotting. Toyo had the proper 255-45-17 size for $125 each. These will do well for my car.

I still have a set of the original sticker BF Goodrich Comp TA 255/45R/17 tires mounted on the original wheels which are in my basement. Robert gave my a 'heads up' on these about 10+ years ago.

It turns out that the guy working at the tire store is a big 2003 Cobra guy (a member here). He is getting 600 Hp on the dyno in his car (95 R is close to ~300 on a good day). Get this, his car has well over 100K miles with no problems in the bottom end. Wow, that is an impressive engine.

He had never seen a 1995 Cobra R. I dropped by the local Ford dealer to get a new oil filler cap. Ford had the same cap for years (back to early Fox cars).

The parts guy had also never seen one. He came out to make a couple of pictures including the odometer (10,800 on mine).

P/S the car is running well.

Users who are viewing this thread