my CPE big single pics!

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
SVTdubs said:
...snip... we probably will throw the stock cams back in before we up the boost to get the blower cams out of there. ...snip...

Why would you pull them man? They are so close to the Turbo Grinds. You are better off and closer to ideal cam lift/lsa than I am with mine. Those have the desired "less lift and duration" that you want to max out a turbo combo. Unless you are gonna try something like advancing the stock cams, one of the tricks Tymensky or Papitto mentioned.

Call Crower and talk to the domestic cam guy. It will be worth your time.

04torchred

Established Member
postban said:
Why would you pull them man? They are so close to the Turbo Grinds. You are better off and closer to ideal cam lift/lsa than I am with mine. Those have the desired "less lift and duration" that you want to max out a turbo combo. Unless you are gonna try something like advancing the stock cams, one of the tricks Tymensky or Papitto mentioned.

Call Crower and talk to the domestic cam guy. It will be worth your time.

Yeah don't put the stockers back in. Unless you are gonna go turbo grind specific I think you are just walking in circles. If anything spend the time upgrading the fuel system so you can go for broke with boost. You might as well do it since I know you would love to have one of the first 1000rwhp 03-04 cobras.

04svtdriver

I need another sports car
Established Member
WOW as all of my other SVTER's on this board I'm eager to see numbers HP/TQ as well as Cost. Was it a pretty easy install (Considering it's a turbo)

SVTdubs

have you seen my baseball
Established Member
563rwhp on only 12psi with the big turbo!!!!!! full booost by 4800rpms!\
Id guess $8500 with EVERYTHING, right on par with everyone elses kits with everything included

Last edited:

kennycoulter

Established Member
thats awesome. i want to hear it on the dyno.
also, with stock manifolds, do theyhave enough meat to port them? all of my experience with turbo cars, are with the svo/turbo coupes.....usually port out a specific year log manifold to make the most power.

04torchred

Established Member
SVTdubs said:
I can take the cams out, put the stockers in and make 1000 bucks to use on the fuel system!

True, but do you think they will rpm high enough to really take advantage of your turbo? If so then by all means put the stockers in and fund the fuel system. I guess you can always add new turbo cams down the road, as the fuel system will probably allow you to make more hp/tq now then the cams and no fuel to support the boost.

JP

Peoples Choice 1st Place
Established Member
04torchred said:
True, but do you think they will rpm high enough to really take advantage of your turbo? If so then by all means put the stockers in and fund the fuel system. I guess you can always add new turbo cams down the road, as the fuel system will probably allow you to make more hp/tq now then the cams and no fuel to support the boost.

+1 on that.
But for the headache of removing them.... :bash:
Just hit some more home runs Eric. :poke:
Like the one you hit on MDFRDS.
LOL I almost choked on my Egg McMuffin reading that! LOL

JP :)

Last edited:

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
JP said:
Just hit some more home runs Eric. :poke:
Like the one you hit on MDFRDS.
LOL I almost choked on my Egg McMuffin reading that! LOL

Read this quote, then went to the other site and checked it out.

:thumbsup:

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
dynoSHEET-EDITED.gif

TRBO VNM

Eric,

so when are kits going to finally be ready for sale since you got it done, running and tuned? I know there is more tuning to do. but I would assume he could start building more kits now.

mm49

Established Member
SVTdubs said:
I can take the cams out, put the stockers in and make 1000 bucks to use on the fuel system!

I think the fuel system is the least of your worries.... And the "conservative tune" you just need to stick to baseball .... Everyone knows just come clean Dude.

blk04cobra1

1000rwhp coming soon
Established Member
oh hell, did someone blow up? I dont know why he wouldnt say it, he's been upfront about everything else so far...what's up Dubs?

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
blk04cobra1 said:
oh hell, did someone blow up? I dont know why he wouldnt say it, he's been upfront about everything else so far...what's up Dubs?

Yep, just posted on another board;

Venmousracer said:

Okay people I'm tired of this soap opera!!!!!!

Sunday, Eric flew James (RWTD) over here in the chicagoland area to get our project tune..... SP was ever so kind to lend us his MD dyno to tune on a sunday which he had car's displaying at the McCormik world of wheels... Due to time constraints James could not get a good tune...

Monday morning comes, Car is driven to get an alignment done...... Car shuts off will not turn on, car had alot of white smoke.... They tow the car to Hans shop, they call me saying the motor maybe hurt now. So I say, the only way to really find out if the motor went,(there was oil pouring out the breathers), do a compression test and leak down test of the motor.....

Well at Hans shop they do a copression test and 2 cly are at 40psi, thats more than enough to say low on compression.. This is sunday.

Wensday, we finally get the car towed to CPE. Paolo is an expert on designing turbo kits and working on vipers, but with these mustangs well he seems alil lost.... I am the one doing all the work myself of bolting and working around the car along with some help with Poalo, he is the engineer and I am the cheap mexican labor.... (I run a full time family business I do this for a hobby at my own time)...Eric has no more money to dump in to his car, He is disappointed as the motor went... But since I have my connections and know people locally I can get this fixed in a timely matter at a real good price...

We pulled the motor out wensday night, took it apart, well sad to say the motor blew the piston rings, we are real lucky it did not score up the walls of the block or blow any chunks out!!!!!! At this time we are awaiting new piston rings, new bearings, and we will be rehoning the block, we are checking out the heads to make sure they are straight and true, Thank God all it needed was rings....

What caused this, well, we have a print out of the dyno, not a gragh but a print out at each rpm incriment... When it made 563rwhp a/f was at 14.1. The a/f was between 14.1 thru 17.1 from 5300-6500rpm, yet you could not hear the car denate under load at all, and not not on the dyno it did not take a shit... It took a shit once the car was driven with no boost and under regular load...... The motor did get hot, well due to this the motor over heating, it expanded the rings enough to fatique them, with the lean a/f happening it just fatiqued them more, and when the car reach operating temp and driven on the street under normal circumstances, it just let loose and started to pour oil out the breathers, the motor lost 3 quarts of oil, the coil packs are melted, spark plugs are white and the driver side exhaust manifold if whiter than the passenger side... Waste gate is white on the inside..... Due to the lean tune our guess that is what did the motor.....

Like I stated, we are in the proccess of getting new rings, checking the heads, checking the pistons to make sure they are fine, rehone the block, check and replace bearings, new gaskets and swap in the stock cams and degree them in..... all in all should take 1.5 week to do this and she should be back togeather and ready to roll... Talk about a fast turn around....... Since the car will be down, I suggested to Paolo owner of CPE to jsut send the kit to Greg GOstang, so he can bolt the kit on, tune it, and turn the boost up now since he has a fuel system, once he tunes for high boost numbers take it to the track and run a number with it...... I hope this clarifies things up.... SOrry for mispelled words etc... Eddie the mexican....

Sorry to hear about it Eric, hope Eddie can get it back together for you. I hope G03Stang has better luck with the kit.

Users who are viewing this thread