my damn toilet ! plumbers CAMON IN

nxhappy

Established Member
ok guys....shitty situation here .....HAH !

trying to fix a toilet. I flush it, it fills close to the top, and drains/flushes slowly. Tried the plunger. tried dhot water. tried draino. tried lime/calcium shit down the overflow tube. still not flushing like it should. do I need to clean out those little holes around the top of the bowl ??? PLEASE HELP MY SHITTER !

bdcardinal

I Spend car money on guns
Established Member
Premium Member
Happens every few years at my house. The plumber will snake out the main line. There is a bottlebrush tree planted by the city right near where my main drain line goes and the roots are in the drain. I have the stuff from Home Depot to put in the drain every few months to kill the roots. I want to kill the tree but neighbors who have killed their trees get a bill from the city for a new one.

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
is the toilet the only drain you are having problems draining ?
Have kids ? Have things stored on a shelf above the shitter ?
Yes to more than 1 of these questions , and I would get a new seal , and pull the toilet from the floor , take it outside and flush it from the bottom , looking for the blockage , then reach up inside (with gloves) and check .

kazman

King of Kazmania
Established Member
Premium Member
Same questions as above however before removing toilet, get a closet auger from the box store and give it a go first.
Bought a house once with a slow flush, put the auger to it, down came a quarter. It didn't block it completely. You could see how much it blocked the orifice by the tarnish on the quarter (2/3). The orifice is smaller than a quarter.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
is the toilet the only drain you are having problems draining ?
Have kids ? Have things stored on a shelf above the shitter ?
Yes to more than 1 of these questions , and I would get a new seal , and pull the toilet from the floor , take it outside and flush it from the bottom , looking for the blockage , then reach up inside (with gloves) and check .

Toilet was backing-up at daughters. Her boyfriend removed it. When my grandaughter saw that he pulled a toothbrush out, she said, "Oh, you found my toothbrush". True story.

If you do remove it, I used and liked this seal:
Wax Free Toilet Seal Kit | Wax Free Gaskets | Korky Toilet Parts

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Sounds like a hard clog further down the line to me. Happened once to us. I had to have a plumber come out and snake the line. The clog was a good 10' from the toiler. Plunging didn't help because it couldn't move the clog. Only a plumber's snake might be your answer.

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
My kids tried to flush a pencil down the terlet. Would get unexplained log jams all the time over several years, especially as their shits got bigger.

Eventually, after being covered in shit from rage plunging, I took the terlet off the base and discovered the stuck pencil. Solved!

To this day no kid has fessed up to the pencil flush.

Squeezed out with help from the svtperformance.com mobile app

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
How old is the home.

I had a BAD clog in my bathroom sink.
2 gallons of muriatic acid later, and it is good as new now. No joke. Took about a week for the acid to completely work through everything though. Like I said, it was a BAD clog though. My house was built in '55.

Not sure what the acid would do to the porcelain though. I used a funnel to slowly pour it in the drain.

5.0 Hatch

Established Member
I had the same issue, I snaked it with about a 3ft snake and came back with roots. Used root kill every few months and it's been good

nxhappy

Established Member
ok I got it about 75% better

this toiler is a little different, the main jets are in the front of the top, near the top lip. I took a screw driver and ****ed those holes real good haha. I also put more lime-a-way down the syphon tube. the jets in the front seem much more powerful, forcing the water down. I'm going to get a coat hanger and clean all the small jets around the rim, some of them look nasty. but it's getting there !

Adower

Established Member
ok guys....shitty situation here .....HAH !

trying to fix a toilet. I flush it, it fills close to the top, and drains/flushes slowly. Tried the plunger. tried dhot water. tried draino. tried lime/calcium shit down the overflow tube. still not flushing like it should. do I need to clean out those little holes around the top of the bowl ??? PLEASE HELP MY SHITTER !
I never had luck with draino. Try the extra strength stuff and like 4 gallons of it. Let it sit 24-48 hours.

Users who are viewing this thread