My dumba** just got a MEAN TICKET!

Bosko

Established Member
I just got my car tuned today by SocalDiablo and it runs real good. It was to busy on the roads to get on it during the day so earlier tonight I ran threw the gears WOT in the nice cool air and it ran like a champ. Well, my radar detector was off (STUPID) and right when I was at the top of 4th or so I saw a pretty crown vic llights off on the side of the highway.... But I didnt go to jail or get my car impounded so im fortunate. The cop was actually really cool (seriously).... And he game me this before he left.

[image deleted]

Damn SoCalDiablo! :rolling: j/k

I belive its a 2 point infraction and upto 30 day suspension... :-( I hope the judge will be in a good mood when i show up!

PS: DONT BE STUPID LIKE ME!

Last edited:

esqeddy

VENUMUS
Established Member
If the cop is cool maybe he will agree to let you plea guilty to a lower speed. This will greatly help you with your insurance and points.

acatalon

Established Member
My prayers are with you on this one...Its too damn easy to get to those speeds, I am constantly having to remind myself to take it easy.....Every stop light is an opportunity to hone 60ft times. Pleading guilty to a lesser offense may help if possible..I've don it a few times.

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Nice one.. Glad you didnt go to jail. Down here a lawyer would probably get a ticket like that dismissed. Two years ago I got clocked on I-95 doing 138 in a 65 mph zone. I eluded him and lost the state trooper for about 30 mins and then he found me parked ,sitting in my car in a apartment complex parking lot. He was real cool. I mean I ran a light and a stop sign and eluded him also.Im sure it would be considered reckless driving also. But the Fl state trooper wrote me a 138 in a 65 and let me go.

AtomHeart

Architect of Evil
Established Member
dude...121 in a (posted) 50 zone? More than double the speed limit is like a 12 point ticket in Colorado. That's 3 years without your lisence. Guess California is more slack on these issues.

Last edited:

mswaim

Dark Side Poster
Established Member
Start saving now, the fine will exceed $1,000. I've got a buddy who just took a ticket through the Ventura courts, his vehicle was towed, he was arrested, cited and released with a the total cost being a tad over $1,400. The only thing you can attack is the officer's skill with his radar and the frequency of it's certification. Good Luck.:beer:

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
You could talk with the prosecutor and the officer before the case and see if you can plea bargain it to an acceptable fine/punishment. If they don't want to deal, get a continuance and get a lawyer.

onerichrunner

Banned
Yo George.

You should have stayed to watch the kb cobra. It might have saved you a few bucks. :bash:

note to self. Always check to see if radar detector is ON.

shawn

OCCOBRA

Picture Whirled Peas
Established Member
Last time I was at traffic school (last month) it is a mandatory $500 and 2 points. At 121 it's going to be stiff. Sorry that happened to you. See the judge if you can not get a lawyer and see if you can lower it or do community service to lighten the fine. Good luck.

jshen

Established Member
My .02 worth

"You could talk with the prosecutor and the officer before the case and see if you can plea bargain it to an acceptable fine/punishment. If they don't want to deal, get a continuance and get a lawyer."

Good advice....I'm in this field. And don't listen to those who promise to "get you off" without really knowing your particular situation. Like another poster said..it all depends on the officer, his equipment, and the judge....

Good Luck.

By the way...that ticket here would probably cost you your license and if "I" got one like that...I would loose my job, my license, maybe my bar license...and I'd be calling Esquire Eddy..

:)

03SoCalCobra

HIGH PSI 03
Established Member
Huntington Beach, CA (h), Culver City (w)
I got popped 3 years ago doing 106 in a 75 in BFE and it was $405 and 2 points. On top of that, it doesn't drop off after 2 years (although I forget the length). Also, you have to list it on most employeement apps if they do background checks, as it counts as a mist. not an infraction.

And it was a bitch getting decent insurance with a 2 point infraction "Speed in excess of 100 mph" i think is how it shows up, it's one of the worst ones, like driving on a suspended license kinda bad, but not DUI bad though. The judge CAN suspend your license, but they're usually cool enough if you have an otherwise clear record.

TrophyCar

2wheels are better than 4
Established Member
Not really important but he got your age wrong. Good luck with the ticket.

Juiced-03

Established Member
Take it to court and hope the cop doesnt show up. If he doesnt, you win automatically.

I didn't know Sheriff's departments used radar in California?

Users who are viewing this thread