My first wheelie

Illtaketwlight

Established Member
Yes, went to the track tonight drove the car off the street on to the track and pulled both front wheels. With a stock Eaton. It was a very fun night to say the least. Have real nice quality video of the runs. Once i edit them. I'll post it up. Pulled the fronts almost every run. Car is hook-en. Never broke loose all night. Its about 55 degrees out. Perfect race weather. :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana: nanner dancing

Last edited:

Illtaketwlight

Established Member
I'm running Weld racing wheels. 15X9's and 17X4.5's front. M&H rubber 325/50/15's rear. Fronts are 28'sX5's. Car does have a few light weight parts up front. Just bolt-on's. Brakes,Wheels, Rad support, IW balancer, No sway bar. Stock struts. Stock K member and A.Arm's. My real bro was Sony cam man. I'll have to wait on him for video. He's older then dirt. I'm just as old as dirt. Times, I'm a NT type of guy. I like to take money if i can. One vett owner went home last night a little short on funds. HeHeHe. I'll just say he ran 11'0's and some high tens. I was launching @ 4500 to 5000 and slipping the clutch just a little. It made for a nice no bang set your ass back in the seat launch. Reminded me of diving a car with a trans brake. Best was 1.3, some 1.4's and it even pulled them a little on a 1.6. Its nice having a car that just Hooks. Because it gives you time to practice with out the worry of it breaking loose. I did try a first gear burn out and it didn't work at all. I had to get-em real hot to hook. Thanks to all my sponsors, me me & me and when i'm NOT spending money my wife. LMAO... JMHO rear suspension is the key.

Bulldogger

Established Member
Looking foward to the video. Wanted to start moding mine but hit a cold snap in NY.

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
congrats on hanging the hoops man! I gotta take a look at what set up you have for your rear suspension. Off to the search button

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
So you pulled a 1.3XX 60' with a stock rear suspension on drag radials? Or what's done to the rear? Can't wait to see vid's!

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
/\ that's some serious work there. I search the board and couldnt find any mentions of that rear build up. Could you enlighten us (or PM if you prefer).

Last edited:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Not one single part in the back is stock. Even the rear end. Pics are when it was on the rack getting the 9 inch, coilovers.

I thought you had a built rear and such but your post above through me for a loop when you didn't mention it.:beer:

Illtaketwlight

Established Member
Most of it was custom made. Back when i built this. Most of the parts were not available. So i made them. Ive replaced the LCA's and panhard bar recently. With Spohn performance Del-Sphere Pivot Joint, LCA's and panhard bar. That are similar to the ones i made. I do have a BMR racing sway bar. But the most important part of any racing suspension is shocks. I have 1200 worth in Koni coilover drag shocks and worth every penny. If you look under any professional racers car or truck you'll find the best shocks money can buy. But they will only work if your suspension is supported enough to make the shocks work. That's why i use the Del-Sphere type joints. I'll post some more pics later when i have time.

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
I'm running Weld racing wheels. 15X9's and 17X4.5's front. M&H rubber 325/50/15's rear. Fronts are 28'sX5's. Car does have a few light weight parts up front. Just bolt-on's. Brakes,Wheels, Rad support, IW balancer, No sway bar. Stock struts. Stock K member and A.Arm's. My real bro was Sony cam man. I'll have to wait on him for video. He's older then dirt. I'm just as old as dirt. Times, I'm a NT type of guy. I like to take money if i can. One vett owner went home last night a little short on funds. HeHeHe. I'll just say he ran 11'0's and some high tens. I was launching @ 4500 to 5000 and slipping the clutch just a little. It made for a nice no bang set your ass back in the seat launch. Reminded me of diving a car with a trans brake. Best was 1.3, some 1.4's and it even pulled them a little on a 1.6. Its nice having a car that just Hooks. Because it gives you time to practice with out the worry of it breaking loose. I did try a first gear burn out and it didn't work at all. I had to get-em real hot to hook. Thanks to all my sponsors, me me & me and when i'm NOT spending money my wife. LMAO... JMHO rear suspension is the key.

Awesome.

Illtaketwlight

Established Member
Wow, 1.3's ?! Any idea of the IC location ?

Steeda C/Arm mounts, lowers and upper. I use the lowest setting on the lowers. I use the lower hole on the upper mount that also makes the arm longer. After reading this http://www.koniracing.com/pdf/spa1.pdf and after exchanging ideas, information, etc with a few drag racers. I knew i wanted Koni's. Then i spent a lot of time in the mock up stage. It payed off though. Took me about a year, off and on to complete. But it could be done in a few weekends if you had the time, money, tools and a fab guy to do the welding/fab work. I wasn't in any hurry and didn't have the money all at once. Plus it had to look good and that takes extra time/money.

Users who are viewing this thread