my friend has a 1995 atx taurus sho needs help finding parts!! timing chain etc.

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
Like Title states a friend of my owns a 95 taurus sho atx. so 3.2 liter ?** ( I belive in the auto cars 3.0 are in the mtx cars.)*

The car needs some work she needs parts which I know being its not regular taurus motor, where can I help her find them its needs the following parts. I know the parts are hard to come by for the yamaha motor.

she needs to do the water pump the shop is trying to charge her alot of $ and she cant find parts or they cant this is what they told her she needed a water pump. but I know while doing that they want to do the timing chains/ tenshionrs and belts. I know these cars are notorious with the cam / timing chain needs to be welded or something some flaw in the design i read years back? and I know the parts are hard to come by so most likey new chains and tenshionrs being they are old and can stretch , a water pump and water pump pulley.

That's all I really kno I'm no expert on them so any help would be great or if anybody can sell them parts to her? let me know.

Timing Chains/ belts? ( she was told by a mecanich they have belts and chains? ) lol
timing chain tenshinors.
pulley / pulleys ( i assume water pump pulley)
water pump

Last edited:

shoracer

Established Member
Is was the V8 that need the can gear welded. Timing belt is not hard, just there is a trick to it, but laid out in any good manual. Now the chains that connect the cams on each head can have the nylon on e tensioner wear out. If it doesn't tear up the metal you can mount home made delrin pads. Not the hardest thing to make, but a bitch and requires some machining. The tensioner steel is tough as nails. RockAuto.com will be your friend for parts.

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
Is was the V8 that need the can gear welded. Timing belt is not hard, just there is a trick to it, but laid out in any good manual. Now the chains that connect the cams on each head can have the nylon on e tensioner wear out. If it doesn't tear up the metal you can mount home made delrin pads. Not the hardest thing to make, but a bitch and requires some machining. The tensioner steel is tough as nails. RockAuto.com will be your friend for parts.

thanks ! I knew somebody had to have some info on here appreciate it !

Users who are viewing this thread