My FRPP Recaro's just came in...

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Tob,

Please weigh each seat both ingoing and outgoing. Thanks! :beer:

Although that probably goes without saying. The devil is in the details and Tob might be possessed. :burnout:

shelby2

Established Member
I def. want to hear and get any advice u may have. I too just got 2013 recaro's and am looking to place in a 2009 as well. I went through all threads and searched the world wide web for the skinny on the swap and haven't screen a clear how to swap/retro fit. If I find any tricks or tips will let u know.

Thanks Mark

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
I have yet to verify the exact changes but if I find out I'll post up. And I don't think FRPP wanted to charge more for their new assembly. I think it is more a reflection of increases in both fixed and variable costs.

Yeah I guess that makes sense

jenkins_1120

Established Member
homer_drooling1.gif

mmmmmm......Recaro

^^^this. i would love to have a set but wayy to expensive for me.

pony23

Established Member
Tob, It should consist of hog rings to retain the bolster area and plastic clips along the outside edges. My leathers are arriving tomorrow and I will get you some shots then.

When I swapped out my 08 leathers to the red edition leathers, it was pretty easy. Hog rings and plastic clips. Not a bad job at all. Putting the leather in the dryer for a few minutes helps because the heat makes it easier to stretch.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
In the immortal words of Spanky...

I'm in the middle of the CF shaft project and now I've got this, swapping the hubs/studs at each corner for the FRPP/ARP pieces, swap in the '13 base wheels/tires I recently picked up, weld on the FRPP M-5650-A brackets, etc, in addition to projects around the house. Priority has to be given to the wife over the girl out in the shop.

Step one with this project was getting my hands on a set before there are no more "B" seats available. When the Boss gives me the go ahead I'll move on to step two. :)

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Aw man, its all good. If the crew here can't ball bust by now...

Do they sell the shelby leather skins to go over these?

I don't believe that any supporting vendors here do. If you spend some time Googling "Gary Disney and Recaro" you may find the answer to your question.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
At this point in my life, I'm reluctant to buy a sewing machine and start whipping up my own skins. SAI would probably file a legal action anyway.:)

Is there anyone out there that thinks FRPP isn't missing the mark by not offering these in leather?

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
At this point in my life, I'm reluctant to buy a sewing machine and start whipping up my own skins. SAI would probably file a legal action anyway.:)

Is there anyone out there that thinks FRPP isn't missing the mark by not offering these in leather?

Yes and no. Ford Racing tends to be more performance oriented than the OEM gear. Bigger blowers, stouter driveline parts, suspension parts, brakes, etc. Track guys definitely don't want the leather for road course and I'm guessing not for drag use as well.

I definitely would want them in cloth vs. the leather, but since I am not doing as many open track events in the GT500 as I have been, leather would be ok. I have a set of leather Recaros in my Focus ST that feel fantastic and still hold surprisingly well. So for cruising and light track use, leather would be nice. For more hard core usage, cloth is the way to go. I also imagine that it's a numbers thing, as a lot more aftermarket seats are sold in some form of cloth rather than leather. Cloth keeps the cost down and hopefully sells more units.

Two 5.0s

Established Member
I'd love to have a set of these for my Cali, but i'm just not ready to spend the $$$. They sure are purdy thou.:thumbsup:

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
Damn those are nice, I am jelly and if the opportunity for me to want to spend that coin on seats for my Shelby I want the leather ones with the stripes in em. But this is right up there..keep us posted on the swap

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Betiwin, that's probably not too far off in terms of price. And while Ron makes some excellent points with regard to usage/price, I suspect that the GT500 demographic would opt for leather as long as the price was there.

I found an interesting YouTube video on an S197 interior redo - lax on the harness tech but it revealed a few things I wasn't aware of that should help in order to access the airbag module...

How-To Install Leather Interior on a Ford Mustang - YouTube

pony23

Established Member
Here is a pic of the underneath of the Recaro leathers. Just like I thought. Plastic clips all around the outside and hog rings in the middle. Pretty easy job to swap them out.

null_zps1a98f0e2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread