My FRPP Recaro's just came in...

shelby2

Established Member
Wow sounds cool guess u'll be having them switch the bases to make it comparable.

shelby2

Established Member
Wow that's awesome keep me posted my friend. Can't wait to see how it goes. If I tackle before u I'll let u know of any tricks

:pop:

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Pony23, how are you separating the plastic bezels at the top of the seats (where you'd run a harness through)? Squeeze and release (somehow) or do you need to unlatch a clip?
A friend of mine bought an early '12 and the bezels on the driver side kept coming apart. I tried a few times to put the bezel back together, but they kept popping off. He ended up getting replacements from Ford, which were probably redesigned units, and once snapped together were no longer popping off. The replacements were not as tight a fit as his original bezels. But to answer your question, they can be pulled apart, but in doing so may make them more prone to separating because they don't seem to be made as a serviceable part. But, apparently you can get replacements, if you do damage them in the removal process.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Do you recall how many 'snaps' there were to release? Are they top, bottom, and sides as well?

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
I'll see if he still has the old ones. He traded the car a month ago, so he might have left them in the trunk. I seems like there were four tabs, two on top, two on bottom and all were near the corners. There is a sort of guide that aligns the two pieces together.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Thanks, I'd appreciate that. I have one shot of them off of a seat but it isn't clear as to how many or where they all are.

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
01SVTSnake, you should look into getting a rear seat delete kit. Your interior looks odd now with the blue striped vinyl rear seats and all black cloth front seats.

Its on the short list this spring. Just haven't had much time to mess around with the car this winter. I really want a rear seat delete out the the Boss Leguna Seca but little much $$ for what it is IMO, but it looks amazing. I'm also hoping to detail it next weekend since I have 3 days off and get it ready for the spring/summer

Last edited:

shelby2

Established Member
The boss Laguna seca brace kit is the way to go worth the pennies highly recomend it.

:beer:

shelby2

Established Member
Just thought I check in and see how your seats are coming along. Hope all is well and you have had a sec to relax lately.

:pop::beer:

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I have yet to venture into the basement with the intent to start this one. I'm still in the middle of a couple of other projects with the car out in the shop.

I can say this. I spent some time discussing this mod with one of the best in the business. I'm having said guru whip a set of custom leather skins for me. They are going to be done in charcoal with dark stitching as well as a dark stitched Cobra pattern (as opposed to the 'pressed' Cobra logo the factory seat uses). I also opted for perforated leather in the seat bottom.

They don't come cheap but there is pretty much an infinite number of color combinations/stitching/etc available. I chose a discreet, factory look, with subtle differences. Together with the great deal I got on the FRPP seats, I'll end up with a unique pair done just the way I want them. And all new at that.

So hold on for a bit longer...

shelby2

Established Member
Sounds amazing can't wait to see them as well. As we use to say in the military " standing by to stand by" Looking forward to seeing the write up.

:read:

shelby2

Established Member
How's things coming along, hope your weather is as good as ours. Tob you going to Carlisle this year? Hope all is well and ur back is holdin up.

:beer::pop:

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Crazy. I've been trying hard to find a nice set of all black skins for some time. I actually gave up and as a last resort, contacted someone at Shelby and plead my case. I was put in touch with Gary Disney, a true gentleman, who is whipping me up a set of custom black leather skins. They should look something like this, a crude 'chop just to show content...

allblackwithblacklogos_zps85903615.jpg

I'll have them sometime next week. Shortly after I made the deal with him, I spotted the following ad on eBay...

RecaroAd_zpsc0714bed.jpg

RecaroAd1_zps50a379db.jpg

Racer91 is Dean at Rehagen. I jumped on the complete set and they arrived today. They are everything he said they would be. A front upper skin...

IMG_0952_zpsa19b8e94.jpg

IMG_0953_zps3304f32f.jpg

IMG_0954_zps9f43a104.jpg

IMG_0957_zps4adf236d.jpg

The upper pair...

IMG_0956_zps98cd9055.jpg

The tag inside the front uppers...

IMG_0958_zps09732575.jpg

Note they are made in the USA by Wieland Design. Their site...
Wieland Designs

I wonder if they could be enticed to sell some skins, probably w/o the Cobra though...?

Front seat bottom...

IMG_0962_zps00864e70.jpg

Apparently they are also made by Wieland...

IMG_0963_zps6c047966.jpg

The rear seat head rests, interestingly enough, made in Mexico (by Lear)...

IMG_0965_zps933dd59a.jpg

IMG_0968_zpsefbb980f.jpg

Rear seat bottom, also made in Mexico by Lear...

IMG_0970_zpse4286e38.jpg

IMG_0971_zps2523a8e6.jpg

Same with the rear seat backs...

IMG_0973_zps956001c2.jpg

IMG_0974_zps189b3317.jpg

Really interesting that Wieland does the front leather skins for Recaro/Ford and that Lear in Mexico does the rest. I look forward to seeing who did the skins for the FRPP Recaro seats that I believe came from Germany.

I'll be selling the rear seat skins as I don't have a need for them. I also have an entire set of skins from an '09 that I purchased from Shelby that I'll never use either. I bought them in case I trashed a factory seat but I ditched the rears for the FRPP RSD, and pulled the front stock seats for the Recaro seats.

I look forward to laying the seats from Disney next to the factory '13 skins I got from Dean. I can say this, the factory skins are thick and heavy. I can almost see why they cost so much...

I'll start the seat skin transformation when I have everything as well as some time.

shelby2

Established Member
That's awesome, congrats my friend they will look very good. Can't wait to hear and see how it is done. Very cool indeed!

:pop::read:

pony23

Established Member
Tob, I bought my set of takeoffs from the same guy on ebay. He sells a lot of them.

Users who are viewing this thread