My GT350R Initial Impressions

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Huh??? How is it hypocritical? That makes zero sense whatsoever. The guy complained (which in and of itself is not a problem) then says its not a complaint. I call BS because its BS... and you're saying thats hypocritical? That's a real WTF.

EDIT: Oh, yea. For got to add... Thank you for agreeing with me. I really appreciate it. You specifically typed that he "explained the shortcomings". That's the text book definition of a complaint. LOL

No, it is hypocritical. You said:

being afraid to correct someone or voice an opinion is the reason our country is in the shape that its in now.

Then you went on to bash his opinion and say that he was complaining, when he wasn't. Just because you explain shortcomings does not mean you are complaining. My wife is impulsive, dramatic and needy...but I'm not complaining about her.

You've been here less than a month and you're already obnoxious, can't wait to for more insightful encounters.

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
WOW... you couldn't be more wrong if you tried. I am not bashing the guy for his original post at all. I'm glad he posted his initial opinion about the car. It's insightful, detailed and will likely provide valuable info to someone. In fact, I'm not bashing him or anyone else, at all.

My whole reason for posting is, the OP and others (like yourself) said that the original post was not a complaint, when (though not the original intent) it is perceived by many as a complaint. I'm not calling the guy out for his impressions about the car, but rather the people denying that they are negative points perceive as complaints.

Now, not in his exact words, but he said that he didn't intend for the post to seem like a complaint. Great! His intent has been clarified. That doesn't change the presentation of context of the original post. I'm not going to let you, some anonymous dude on the internet, try to shame me into feeling like I did something wrong by having and expressing an opinion based on fact. (reason for post #160)

And yea, saying your wife is impulsive, dramatic and needy sounds like a complaint... not a compliment. Those would go in the "Con" column for most men, not the "Pro" column. Well, unless you're into that kind of stuff. Then it a WIN/WIN. If you want to test the theory, the next time you see you wife, just say "Honey, I think you are impulsive, dramatic and needy." and then get back to us and let us know how that goes.

Honestly, I really don't even care. Everything on this forum has exactly zero impact on my life beyond entertainment. If you think I am obnoxious, then block my posts and don't read them.

Last edited:

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
What I find really ironic and hypocritical is your response to my posts and this being in your sig... "For all statements made above, read at your own discretion. If it hurts your feelings, CLICK HERE." LOL brilliant.

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
Never been here before I joined a few weeks ago. Proud to say I have never been banned from any forum, ever. I have been using the same user name for more than a decade. I'm easy to find.

Edit: Actually, I have been having fun on this forum. Meet a few new people and caught up with a few old friends. 13COBRA is the only person who seems to have a problem with me. With the exception of a PM where I apologized for posting stupid stuff one night while sick and medicated, I haven't really had any positive interaction with him about anything.

But, so far, I seem to be getting along with everyone else I've chatted with.

Last edited:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Anyways. I'm sure this thread will get cleaned up tonight.

OP, do you forsee yourself keeping the R for a while and tracking it, or cutting your losses and moving on to something that will better fit your driving style?

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
I've mildly considered ditching it, but only for the prospect of turning a profit, not because I dislike it that much. I really like the new ZL1. Dealers are already selling them under MSRP. I could trade the R for a ZL1 and walk away with a fat check. Realistically, though, I don't really have any plans to get rid of it. The weather has been pretty good lately, so I've been putting miles on it and getting more used to it. It'll more than likely be in the stable for years to come. It's not like I'll be seeing hoards of other Rs rolling around. I like having "uncommon" cars. How many of these do you see or have seen on the road?
  • Chevy S10 SS
  • Chrysler 300M Special
  • Audi S4
  • Shelby GT500
  • Shelby GT350R
  • Subaru Forester XT (Yep. The XT has a pretty small take rate in the Forester line.)

MarcSpaz, if I said "OMG! This 300 lbs anvil is heavy!", would you perceive that as a complaint or an observation? I'm sure most people on the planet would consider a 300 lbs anvil as heavy. If I put on a blindfold and said "OMG! I can't see anything!", would that be a complaint or an observation? It seems to me that you have some hypersensitivity issues.

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
MarcSpaz, if I said "OMG! This 300 lbs anvil is heavy!", would you perceive that as a complaint or an observation? I'm sure most people on the planet would consider a 300 lbs anvil as heavy. If I put on a blindfold and said "OMG! I can't see anything!", would that be a complaint or an observation? It seems to me that you have some hypersensitivity issues.

Your example is apples and oranges. I really don't want to talk about it anymore. We can agree to disagree and move on. Not a big deal, really.

I've mildly considered ditching it, but only for the prospect of turning a profit, not because I dislike it that much. I really like the new ZL1. Dealers are already selling them under MSRP. I could trade the R for a ZL1 and walk away with a fat check. Realistically, though, I don't really have any plans to get rid of it. The weather has been pretty good lately, so I've been putting miles on it and getting more used to it. It'll more than likely be in the stable for years to come. It's not like I'll be seeing hoards of other Rs rolling around. I like having "uncommon" cars. How many of these do you see or have seen on the road?
  • Chevy S10 SS
  • Chrysler 300M Special
  • Audi S4
  • Shelby GT500
  • Shelby GT350R
  • Subaru Forester XT (Yep. The XT has a pretty small take rate in the Forester line.)

I gave some serious thought to selling my GT350 to get another GT500, but I really want to see how it does on the track first. If it does well, I'll keep it for awhile.

If they are anything like the resale value of the 2013/14 GT500, if you do decide to sell it in a few years, you should still do pretty good.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Saw yous sig now included a GT350R and went searching for your thread regarding the purchase. Congrats man, nice looking car. Love the honest critique of the car as well.

You sir, have entirely too much time on your hands.

He'll send you a pm and apologize.

LMAO, man we need the old smilies back.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
LMAO, man we need the old smilies back.

10b6f63e13d8e91dbea9c3c1c39cb067.jpg

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
We've had some higher than average temperatures lately. It was almost 80* a few days ago. Took it out for a drive, and the ride and steering were much more compliant. It seems the suspension is temperature sensitive. Or maybe it's breaking in. Still have less than 800 miles on it at this point.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I would love a '18 GT350R with a Whipple on it. (In my opinion, the GT350/GT350 cars are the hottest looking Mustang out there right now.)
Actually, it would be a dream car for me. Killer looks, (interior and exterior), killer handling, and killer power.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Happened upon this video of "my" car. Mine is HR270. This one is HR290, but it's exactly like mine.

Users who are viewing this thread