My GT500 at Wannagofast 1/2 mile Florida

ThomasL

Established Member
Had a great time at the event this weekend! This was my first time doing a 1/2 mile and its definitely a different beast than the 1/4. VMP Tuning and Van Collier helped me out all weekend so big thanks to them. A lot of learning and a brutal crosswind on Saturday got me a best of 159. Then I came out Sunday and knocked out a 167 and 169.

IMG_1578_zps9f2a8252.jpg

IMG_1597_zps768d99e0.jpg

IMG_1591_zps6e2cf7ba.jpg

IMG_1607_zps48af2653.jpg

IMG_1614_zps56b7165e.jpg

Snapped a pic of the Lambo they pulled out of the water. Sad sight.

IMG_1588_zpsb68f8e5c.jpg

IMG_1610_zps91f0c749.jpg

Zemedici

Established Member
Poor fella in the red lambo. He's infamous now.

Ya see my cousins cadillac? White cts-v with LSXperts stickers. How'd he do?

ThomasL

Established Member
Nice times.....any videos of ur runs?

I dont have any but some are out there. My buddy in the white TT coyote picured dragged me down the runway lol. He trapped 166 to my 169.

10mph difference is huge what did u change up and what are ur mods 169 in standing 1/2 is no slouch

Playing with tire pressure made a big difference, seat time and no crosswind on day 2.

Poor fella in the red lambo. He's infamous now.

Ya see my cousins cadillac? White cts-v with LSXperts stickers. How'd he do?

Think he was around 150. If it's the same one i'm thinking of.

Nice #'s. How did the Hellcat fare?

Auto did 152. Manual did 141.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Auto did 152. Manual did 141.
The runs are from a dig right? Surprised the hellcats didnt do better.
But this is a different location and not from a roll. Hellcats posted on here are beating cars with same power but around 1000lbs less weight.

Man op, i put my headphones on expecting to hear your car blast down the 1/2! lol

Just noticed you are at 8xxrwhp, thats impressive for the TT 5.0 to be close to you. Unless its on a built motor. TT 5.0s with stock motors usually max about 700rwhp.

Last edited:

ThomasL

Established Member
Just noticed you are at 8xxrwhp, thats impressive for the TT 5.0 to be close to you. Unless its on a built motor. TT 5.0s with stock motors usually max about 700rwhp.

The tune i ran this weekend was a little more conservative than the 820+ tune. But yeah his car is very impressive. He has driver mod too. He's always posting vids in here but i dont know his screen name off the top of my head.

94_Vert

Established Member
Alpha GTR
[video=youtube;OEDJKEA_WhY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEDJKEA_WhY[/video]

GT915

Established Member
Had a great time at the event this weekend! This was my first time doing a 1/2 mile and its definitely a different beast than the 1/4. VMP Tuning and Van Collier helped me out all weekend so big thanks to them. A lot of learning and a brutal crosswind on Saturday got me a best of 159. Then I came out Sunday and knocked out a 167 and 169.

IMG_1578_zps9f2a8252.jpg

IMG_1597_zps768d99e0.jpg

IMG_1591_zps6e2cf7ba.jpg

IMG_1607_zps48af2653.jpg

IMG_1614_zps56b7165e.jpg

Snapped a pic of the Lambo they pulled out of the water. Sad sight.

IMG_1588_zpsb68f8e5c.jpg

IMG_1610_zps91f0c749.jpg

I was there as well and if I'm not mistaken, I think we raced once saturday afternoon. This was the first event like this that I've been to and I thought it was very well done. I can't ever recall having seen as many fast cars in place in my life. We drove 350 miles to get there and it was worth it all and more.

GT915

Established Member
sounds like youve got it hauling ass in a half mile!

more info on the red lambo incident?
If I'm not mistaken. That red lambo lost traction at the end of a run on saturday, spun out and took out the timing lights. He ran again yesterday and the wing flew off the back taking part of the rear fascia with it. The driver returned, pulled the rest of the rear bumper off and took off again. I guess the car really didn't like that so it spun out again and went into the water. There were a lot of cars there this weekend, but I think that's the way it played out.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
If I'm not mistaken. That red lambo lost traction at the end of a run on saturday, spun out and took out the timing lights. He ran again yesterday and the wing flew off the back taking part of the rear fascia with it. The driver returned, pulled the rest of the rear bumper off and took off again. I guess the car really didn't like that so it spun out again and went into the water. There were a lot of cars there this weekend, but I think that's the way it played out.

Is the Lamborghini driver an idiot?

ThomasL

Established Member
I was there as well and if I'm not mistaken, I think we raced once saturday afternoon. This was the first event like this that I've been to and I thought it was very well done. I can't ever recall having seen as many fast cars in place in my life. We drove 350 miles to get there and it was worth it all and more.

Yeah i remember your car. Looked sick. How'd it run?

Users who are viewing this thread