my hardest day in my life was today.

nordy racer

Established Member
Today i lost my best Friend, buddy, and the best K9. Lightning was amazing Lab, from day one when i saw him in the pound i knew we would have amazing life together. His name was Shaq at the pound but once i saw him running around chasing tennis balls he was quick Lightning, so that name stuck. He was amazing listener and loved other dogs and people. he not once bit or bark at other dogs but just sat and watched. He was also a amazing stepbrother to Minnee. when she came home the first day from the rescue he took her under hs wing and showed her the ropes. Lightning as touched so many people from one side of the US to the other side. Have fun in Heaven playing ball and getting all the treats you can eat. I will forever love you my boy Lightning, i will see you soon in the frield of green grass.

Lightning Zwick
2002-2013

stuffs038.jpg

stuffs028.jpg

stuffs015.jpg

boatdogs014-1.jpg

IMGP0725.jpg

boating200171.jpg

stuff012.jpg

stuff010.jpg

doggie002.jpg

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
Man that sucks. Labs are great dogs and I hope to have two in the future. I had a black Lab that I grew up with and lost her a few years back, that was a rough time.

Looks like you gave him a nice life. You did a great thing by getting him from a pound and having a buddy for him to play with (your female lab). I've told myself if I decide to get another dog I will get two and not just one. That way they would always have each other to keep themselves happy.

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
I'm very sorry.

I know your pain. Had to put down my 13 Yr old German Shepherd about 6-7 Months ago. I cried like a baby.

I now have a yellow Lab names Daisy. She's wonderful.

I know it'd hard, but get another dog soon.:rockon:

I truly believe they make our lives easier and happier.

nordy racer

Established Member
Man that sucks. Labs are great dogs and I hope to have two in the future. I had a black Lab that I grew up with and lost her a few years back, that was a rough time.

Looks like you gave him a nice life. You did a great thing by getting him from a pound and having a buddy for him to play with (your female lab). I've told myself if I decide to get another dog I will get two and not just one. That way they would always have each other to keep themselves happy.

Im worried about my young one now (shes 6).. she wouldnt do anything without her brother. its going to be hard on both of us.
Yes i tried to make their lives fun. they are on thois earth for a short time so you have to keep them happy and busy..

thank you for your comments guys.. He was amazing. he would sit and watch me work on my cars and truck and just wag his tail everytime i looked over. i will truely miss him with all my heart..

first night home from the pound
lightning2_zpsc8a121cc.gif

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Im worried about my young one now (shes 6).. she wouldnt do anything without her brother. its going to be hard on both of us.
Yes i tried to make their lives fun. they are on thois earth for a short time so you have to keep them happy and busy..

thank you for your comments guys.. He was amazing. he would sit and watch me work on my cars and truck and just wag his tail everytime i looked over. i will truely miss him with all my heart..

first night home from the pound
lightning2_zpsc8a121cc.gif

Looks like Daisy's Brother.:beer:

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
that really sucks man. i have a yellow lab too. i had to put a black lab down a few years ago. it is horrible. dogs are never around long enough. Hope you can save another in the future.

Chersch74

4V FTW
Established Member
I have a yellow lab and a reverse brindle boxer. I named my boxer "thunder" and I wanted to name my lab "lightning" as I thought it was fitting for the same reasons as yourself. I dred the day of loosing one of my pups.

Sorry for your loss sir.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
sorry for your loss man. one of the hardest times i went through was when I learned that we were going to have to put our Jack Russell down. It will be tough for a while, but it just shows you the impact that a best friend like that can make. Lightning is in a better place now and you will get to see him again.

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
Amazing looking dog, sorry for your loss :( might be "dogs" or "PETS" but they become part of the family, I love my dog I know what you mean man, horrible part of life is loseing some 1 or something we love :(

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread