My house went on the market today...

MG0h3

Established Member
It’s about 3% all in here in El Paso. Highest in TX from what I’ve read.

Buddy pays 1000 a month on his 330k house.

Currently shopping in NM right across the state line. Still waiting for things to cool off though.

Funny when I tell people that my combined taxes in CA (prop and income) were less than what I pay here in TX on a much lesser house, both literally and price wise.

And all these taxes for some of the dumbest ass engineers and an ugly ass city.

They just completed an on ramp expansion from one freeway onto another. Gets hammered when all the military gets out.

So you used to go from a 3 lane freeway onto a one lane on ramp to merge onto the other freeway. Expand the on ramp to two lanes, great idea!

Well these ****ing idiots did a real nice job except for the fact that this on ramp still goes down to 1 lane for 100’ before merging onto the other 3 lane freeway.

Can’t stand this place.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
1 percent of value is livable. In Illinois its near 3% in good areas, and over 5% in some of the crappier places. We are selling now to avoid the coming robbery of higher assessments.
It definitely is not 1%, probably closer to 2.5%. But that is off assessed value. The new owners of that house are going to pay a **** ton.

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
1 percent of value is livable. In Illinois its near 3% in good areas, and over 5% in some of the crappier places. We are selling now to avoid the coming robbery of higher assessments.

It's more like 2% here, but the county assessed value is always lower than the actual market value. The county said the home we sold for 1.6 million was worth 1.2 million.

Established Member
They commonly assess all the money or more here, that's why I was successful in fighting it. I pulled lower traded comps.

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
I have 30+ wooded acres, so I put my property into the Forest Conservation Program. It discourages land owners from developing their land and gives you a huge tax break/incentive. I hate neighbors and don't really see or hear them, that's the only real incentive I need not to develop though.

Users who are viewing this thread