My house went on the market today...

Zemedici

Established Member
Keep working her, Josh. Tell her it will only be temporary.

Trying so hard man, but it’s like is it worth it if i gotta hear about it every day for a year or two, you know?

Women and logic don’t usually go hand in hand. She’ll love this place we’re in now forever cuz it’s ‘our first home’ and I’m honestly starting to ****ing hate the city i live in

She could do her job from anywhere, been trying to convince her to sell our stuff and go traveling now that the worlds opening back up. So far it’s a no go

VegasMichael

Established Member
Trying so hard man, but it’s like is it worth it if i gotta hear about it every day for a year or two, you know?

Women and logic don’t usually go hand in hand. She’ll love this place we’re in now forever cuz it’s ‘our first home’ and I’m honestly starting to ****ing hate the city i live in

She could do her job from anywhere, been trying to convince her to sell our stuff and go traveling now that the worlds opening back up. So far it’s a no go
Time to withhold sex from her until you get your way. Oh, wait. That only works when it's the other way around. j/k

Like you said, probably not worth hearing about it every day for a year or more unless you could find a single family home or townhouse to rent that doesn't break the bank. I will say that having that six figure cash cushion is a mighty fine feeling indeed though.

Zemedici

Established Member
Time to withhold sex from her until you get your way. Oh, wait. That only works when it's the other way around. j/k

Like you said, probably not worth hearing about it every day for a year or more unless you could find a single family home or townhouse to rent that doesn't break the bank. I will say that having that six figure cash cushion is a mighty fine feeling indeed though.

If we had the means i would be out of the country so fast lolol

It’s insane what things cost here vs other places

Rent / mortgage $1500-3000

I’m looking at brand new condos in Bangkok for $400/mo.

SWANK spots for $750/ mo

GOOD food is $2/meal

Anything medical here is absurdly expensive, just because it can be.

VegasMichael

Established Member
If we had the means i would be out of the country so fast lolol

It’s insane what things cost here vs other places

Rent / mortgage $1500-3000

I’m looking at brand new condos in Bangkok for $400/mo.

SWANK spots for $750/ mo

GOOD food is $2/meal

Anything medical here is absurdly expensive, just because it can be.
Moving overseas would be too big a life change for me, I think. If I was in my 20s it would be different though.

Zemedici

Established Member
Moving overseas would be too big a life change for me, I think. If I was in my 20s it would be different though.

maaan I grew up in a small country town, I need the culture shock lolol

She's the same, wouldnt want to move 'without a plan'

The 'plan' is what takes all the excitement out of it for me. When I go on vacation, I find out what i'm doing that day, the morning of. I HATE itineraries on vacation.

If we had $300,000 in the bank, we could 'wing it' for years, and have a 'dont go below this amount' type situation set up. Think it would be a blast.

VegasMichael

Established Member
maaan I grew up in a small country town, I need the culture shock lolol

She's the same, wouldnt want to move 'without a plan'

The 'plan' is what takes all the excitement out of it for me. When I go on vacation, I find out what i'm doing that day, the morning of. I HATE itineraries on vacation.

If we had $300,000 in the bank, we could 'wing it' for years, and have a 'dont go below this amount' type situation set up. Think it would be a blast.
Be careful with that culture shock. I experienced it when I first went to the Philippines and it took me some time to adjust to the fact that I was born luckier than many others. Makes you think and take stock of things.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Riiiiiight....... BFD? Two weeks? The average time a house is on the market is 30 days.

Some sell in 15 and some sell in a couple months but every house gets into a bidding war these days. Taking the first offer is foolish period.

The house was on the market after that deal fell through for two weeks and not a single offer or request to show. Don't assume you know what's going on everywhere.

VegasMichael

Established Member
Riiiiiight....... BFD? Two weeks? The average time a house is on the market is 30 days.

Some sell in 15 and some sell in a couple months but every house gets into a bidding war these days. Taking the first offer is foolish period.
Read through my thread, look at the current market conditions in my former zip code, and then get back to me. I'll gladly field any questions you might have. I'm here to help.

FJohnny

Established Member
Good job selling. It may have been just in time. Saved yourself a potfull of cash and, more importantly, a ton of headaches as the market dumps. Would have sucked to get stuck with the property when you were ready to get on with life.

Nice that some are offended on behalf of YOUR money though.

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member

Bird in the hand, is worth two in the bush.

Dreams and aspirations are just that, until you make a move.

Don't yuck someone else's yum.

And lastly.............FJB

Users who are viewing this thread