My New 2013 Ram 3500

Quicktime_GT

Established Member
Thought I'd share a few pics of my new truck!

It's a 2013 Ram 3500, Laramie, 6 Speed Manual. Major options include rambox, and 3.42 gears. After looking for a 6 speed manual Laramie truck for several weeks I ended up ordering this one. It's not that they don't exist, however, at the time of ordering there was zero Laramie 6 Speed '13 3500s. I don't have huge plans for the truck, but a fairly hot tune (when /if ever available) and straight exhaust with DEF is the goal.

A few major changes for the '13 3500s is engine changes, new interior, new frame, and new 3 Link front end (very similar to Super Duty.) There are countless other small revisions such as frame mounted secondary fuel filter, front axle disconnects, dual radiators, etc.

IMG_0613.jpg

IMG_0611.jpg

IMG_0610.jpg

IMG_0606.jpg

The interior is night and day better than what they were before. My 2007 2500 had a very basic interior while this one has "leather" covered and stiched panels, heated / cooled seating, and an awesome 8.4" Uconnect system:
IMG_0617.jpg

In the gauge cluster is the 7" EVIC which is really neat as well:
IMG_0616.jpg

At this point, fuel mileage is supringly decent for a stock truck. The EVIC is currently showing 19mpg which is made up of a lot of slow highway driving. For reference, I hand calculated the last tank and there was a .3mpg variance between hand calculation and EVIC.

No major plans with the truck except a few basic mods:

-DPF / DEF delete tune when available
-5" Straight Exhaust
-Wheels / Tires - looking at 20x10" BMF Rehabs or novakanes in PVD. (there is currently a 6 week back order)
-Leveling Kit w/ 1 - 1.5" blocks in rear when available.

hoamskilet

Established Member
Sick. The interiors alone on the newer generation Rams makes me wanna trade in my 07 somethin terrible

03lowram

Established Member
Love it!! I had a 2011 ram 1500 before the 5.0 best truck I ever owned. Been thinking about getting back into a truck lately.

shad2009

Tungsten GT
Established Member
Rambox is sick...very nice truck, i've been liking the new rams more and more...didn't know they still made them in manual trans

Quicktime_GT

Established Member
Nice truck. That has 850 ft of tq right ?

Actually No, This truck has the 350/660 setup because it come with the G56 6 speed manual. If you get the 68RE Chrysler 6 Speed Auto you get 370/800, if you get the Aisin 6 Speed Auto you get 385 / 850. From what I've read the engines and supporting systems are identical, the tuning only varies. The 6 Speed manuals are detuned to protect the clutch I'd imagine.

I had a South Bend 3250 twin in my last truck and plan to swap in the same for this one if I ever mod it.

WOW! that RAMBOX is full of victory right there!

:beer:

Nice truck! Might be a stupid/obvious question, but those Ram Boxes have drain plugs, right?

Each box has two drain plugs, (one at each low area.)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Very nice looking truck. I like the color and interior. How does it feel on the road, performance and comfort wise?

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
Oh my, so much win right there. Really nice truck man! Rambox is awesome also, that would be a must for me if I were to get a diesel. I am getting a new job this winter so I might have to sell my GT for a truck. Really wanting to get into an LLY Duramax. Wish I could get a new Cummins haha. Good luck man! When you get the exhaust on, a high-idle video is a must

Was gonna trade my car for a 5.9 Cummins a guy was selling, but he was just wanting to sell it now since he bought a new truck. Had a ton of stuff done to it also.

Last edited:

BigDan

Established Member
Nice rig!

Too bad the manual transmission models come with almost 200 ft lbs less torque (850tq vs 660tq) and 35 fewer ponies. Probably one of the reasons why you couldn't find one on a lot.

I'm on my second 6 speed manual Cummins but only because it keeps me out of trouble due to its slow shifting (SBC 3250 DD) compared to a built auto behind a modded diesel.

Do you feel like the Laramie and NAV option is worth the extra $10,000 over a Tradesman model?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread