My new 2021 F150 XLT Supercrew

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Big thanks to everyone who helped me along the way.....got rid of my problem child 2017 Colorado Z71 Duramax for a 2021 F150 XLT Supercrew with the 302a package, 2.7L Ecoboost, Max Tow Package and FX4 package in Oxford White(to match my Fiesta).

Pick it up tomorrow morning after a fresh detail and PDI. Super excited.
F150.jpg

F150 2.jpg

F150 3.jpg

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Let us know how you like it!

Yes sir! Will do. Not going to lie but im beyond excited for this one. Been so bummed the last 6 months due to my Colorado just draining me to death.

Can say that the two hours i spent playing with it today were beyond mind blowing. They really packed in everything for the XLT package.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Ordered a Gator Tri-Fold Bed Cover. Need to also schedule to get a Bullet Liner in the bed. Protect the bed is top priority.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Nice, should be very quick truck. I know the max payload also had the 3.73 option too.
It feels quick. From the drivetrains i got to try out - 2.7, 5.0, 3.5 and 3.5+powerboost, it felt the most linear. The 3.5 was easily the torquiest(spelling?) but the price tag of a Lariat wasnt in the cards.

The 5.0L felt good but almost lazy off the line? Didnt really expect that. Thought a 10speed would give it more low end grunt? For the price, the 2.7L was a better option.

3.5L + Powerboost.....this is THE powertrain if not for the price(stupid expensive). Thing hauls ASS. Beyond capable, off the line torque is disgustingly massive. It feels way more powerful than the 3.5 Ecoboost i drove before it. I just couldnt afford a Limited truck. I wish that powertrain was available in the price bracket i was looking for.

Last edited:

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
It feels quick. From the drivetrains i got to try out - 2.7, 5.0, 3.5 and 3.5+powerboost, it felt the most linear. The 3.5 was easily the torquiest(spelling?) but the price tag of a Lariat wasnt in the cards.

The 5.0L felt good but almost lazy off the line? Didnt really expect that. Thought a 10speed would give it more low end grunt? For the price, the 2.7L was a better option.

3.5L + Powerboost.....this is THE powertrain if not for the price(stupid expensive). Thing hauls ANUS. Beyond capable, off the line torque is disgustingly massive. It feels way more powerful than the 3.5 Ecoboost i drove before it. I just couldnt afford a Limited truck. I wish that powertrain was available in the price bracket i was looking for.

Did you happen to test drive a new 3.0L diesel? Nice to have a comparison.

Do you happen to know the gears that where in the 5.0 and 3.5 ecoboost.

Im not yet sold on the powerboost for long term reliability and performance. Haven't driven one to speak on thoe.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Congratulations! That's a really good looking F-150. I really like the interior. You'll enjoy every minute you're in that cabin, for sure. I like the wheels, too. Enjoy, sir!
upload_2021-5-30_8-24-54.png

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator

3.5L + Powerboost.....this is THE powertrain if not for the price(stupid expensive). Thing hauls ANUS. Beyond capable, off the line torque is disgustingly massive. It feels way more powerful than the 3.5 Ecoboost i drove before it. I just couldnt afford a Limited truck. I wish that powertrain was available in the price bracket i was looking for.

Ford changed some stuff for the 2021 5.0, and it simply doesn't make power like the previous models.

Im not yet sold on the powerboost for long term reliability and performance. Haven't driven one to speak on thoe.

The 3.0 Powerstroke is a nice engine, but it came 25 years too late. At this point the cost and complexity of a small diesel makes no sense compared to the 2.7L EcoBoost.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member

I did not. Only new diesel ive driven besides my 2.8L Colorado is the Silverado V6 and it was "different". Not even close in power to the 6.2L or 5.3L. The Colorado diesel could easily get the load up to speed but quick/fast it was not. The 3.0L felt the same way in the Silverado. After going from a small diesel in the Colorado to a a TT V6 you can tell it has more than just pulling power. That is one thing that always irked me with the Colorado, that they could have added another 25-30hp and it would have been somewhat more capable at passing people.

Ford changed some stuff for the 2021 5.0, and it simply doesn't make power like the previous models.

The 3.0 Powerstroke is a nice engine, but it came 25 years too late. At this point the cost and complexity of a small diesel makes no sense compared to the 2.7L EcoBoost.

It didnt feel down on power but more like they softened the way the power comes into play. The Ecoboost trucks have that grunt down low while the 5.0L felt like it wanted to keep pulling as the RPM range increased. The one thing that was an absolute pleasure to hear was the exhaust note. No clue what they did but the 5.0L sounds badass, even with the OE exhaust system. Really has a nice tone to it both interior and exterior.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I did not. Only new diesel ive driven besides my 2.8L Colorado is the Silverado V6 and it was "different". Not even close in power to the 6.2L or 5.3L. The Colorado diesel could easily get the load up to speed but quick/fast it was not. The 3.0L felt the same way in the Silverado. After going from a small diesel in the Colorado to a a TT V6 you can tell it has more than just pulling power. That is one thing that always irked me with the Colorado, that they could have added another 25-30hp and it would have been somewhat more capable at passing people.

It didnt feel down on power but more like they softened the way the power comes into play. The Ecoboost trucks have that grunt down low while the 5.0L felt like it wanted to keep pulling as the RPM range increased. The one thing that was an absolute pleasure to hear was the exhaust note. No clue what they did but the 5.0L sounds badass, even with the OE exhaust system. Really has a nice tone to it both interior and exterior.

I've only spoken to one tuner about it, but they mentioned the 2021 Coyote not responding as well to tuning.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
I've only spoken to one tuner about it, but they mentioned the 2021 Coyote not responding as well to tuning.

Thats not good. I wonder what changed and why. Seems they were killing it with the Coyote trucks lately.

Users who are viewing this thread