My new hood.....in my windshield

steeda21

Mr. T
Established Member
Picked up my car tonight after getting my new 4inch cowl hood painted + mounted and my holes filled in my trunk and repainted. Also had some other stuff fixed on the car. Within 30 seconds of getting on the freeway the hood came unlatched, flew up, right hood bracket got ripped off the body and almost hit my buddy in his 2010 gt, and my windshield was shattered. Thankfully it didn't come off and my body towed it back to his shop right around the corner.

Pictures from friends droid

2010-11-05_21-08-16_131.gif

2010-11-05_21-02-38_607.gif

2010-11-05_21-02-25_208.gif

2010-11-05_21-02-15_466.gif

2010-11-05_21-02-04_5.gif

2010-11-05_21-01-48_609.gif

scared the shiiiiiiiiiit outta me

semperfimrn1

Established Member
DAMN that sucks bro!!

i bet you were all happy to have the car done..

well hopefully it's a quick fix and doesn't happen again!!

steeda21

Mr. T
Established Member
DAMN that sucks bro!!

i bet you were all happy to have the car done..

well hopefully it's a quick fix and doesn't happen again!!

you have no idea..havent had it for nearly 2 months. get it back looking awesome than WAM! over. Shop is going to call the hood company because where the screws go into the hood, it looks like it completely seperated. I dunno we had the hood latched on tiight as ...... before i left lol.

QuickV8

▪█───────█▪
Established Member
damn. is that the ebay 4" or the ho fibertrends 4"? they're both identical. the ebay ones dont have very safe holes for the bolts.

QuickV8

▪█───────█▪
Established Member
ok..thats where i got mine.. "hoods4sale" is the ebay name of them. the threaded holes on mine didnt line up with my hinges. all they would do is offer to send me extra hood hinges. then i told them that one of the threaded hole things came completely out.. they only offered to send me a 'template' to re drill the hole or something. i dont know if i can put the threaded metal piece back into my hood.. maybe a real good epoxy to hold it.

Slightly Motivated

Stormtrooper
Established Member
That really sucks. iv never had it happen but cant imagine how id react going down the freeway and all the sudden i cant see and shit is busted. Glad that you made it safe and nothing else or anyone else got ****ed up.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Very sorry to hear about this, but fortunately it wasn't worse and no other cars were damaged. IMO this is a reminder to be very careful about what you buy on eBay. Very often the products sold are inferior to the name brands. Sounds like this is a case of an inferior quality hood rearing its ugly head. If it were my car I'd be fighting for the seller to refund my money and I'd then by a FiberTrends hood. Let us know what the eBay seller does to resolve this.

slow90coupe

Established Member
man that sucks! very sorry to hear. i feel your pain. scared the crap outta me as well! you feel soo happy doing a WOT pull and then boom!!!ive been there done that as well! hope it is a pretty simple fix for you.:beer:
1003001821.jpg

1003001843.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread