My new ride 2013 GT500 Candy Red, I love this car!

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
awesome looking Shelby, it looks like it might have had white stripes since the seats have stripes. Either way no big deal, enjoy the car, they're a blast.

smokin03

Established Member
That is exactly what I was thinking. I guess that will be a decision to have them put back on or not. They also had the Shelby letters removed off the back. I just ordered them for replacement.

Ghoust

Will Over Skill
Established Member
Congratulations but the underlying question is: why would the previous owner take off the stripes and take off the shelby lettering from the rear? It seems a lot of work to do in order to blend in with the regular mustang crowd....

smokin03

Established Member
It also has that 3m shield on the front end, window pillars and door sills. I find something new every minute. Appears also to have intake, tb and who knows what else. I new of the intake, the day is getting better. The dealer did say that the previous owner claimed 700 at the wheels. I didn't buy that or count on it. It would be nice if it was true. I will continue to research it, as I am not as familiar with the pullies on this as I was with my 03. Needs to be cleaned for sure tho. Can"t believe someone would let it get dirty like this.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
Sounds like the previous owner may have done the "basics" for you. I see an oil catch can and aftermarket redline hood struts in addition to your TB and CAI. Looks like you might have an upper pulley as well, doesn't look like the lower has been swapped. With these mods I would expect a tune to be present also. Guess the person was going for a sleeper with the removal of badging and stripes while upping the power mods. Give us a pic of the rear suspension so we can see if he upgraded there as well. That's a common area and he seems to have done the other typical mods.

Last edited:

Snoopy49

Established Member
Congratulations on the car. I would get with the dealer and see if he will give the contact information for the previous owner. The PO may have the tuner and tune for your car and a lot of missing history.
You can go to this website and enter your VIN and it will show you the factory window sticker for your car,
How to Track Ford Factory Car Orders

smokin03

Established Member
I will check that out also. I really thought it was a bunch of BS and the dealer didn't seem very knowledgeable about it. But, it looks like it was a correct statement. How do I tell if an alternate tune has been done?

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
Did the car come w/ a tuner? If not I would definitely get it on A dyno or at minimum purchase a tuner w/ a new tune and do some data logging.

99VERT

Established Member
Good score with all the upgrades! Glass roof car also? I too purchased mine preowned but the car had no engine mods but plenty of dress up includuing the front spoiler,Shelby hood struts,K40 radar and Light bar! Great color also! :beer:

Last edited:

paluka21

Established Member
Very nice car. Red candy with white stripes was my favorite color and what I was originally looking for, but couldn't find a new 2013 when I was ready to purchase. Congrats on the new ride!

Users who are viewing this thread