• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

My new ST! Oxford White 2015 content

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST' started by kevinatfms, Dec 16, 2014.

1. kevinatfms

kevinatfms Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech Established Member

First impressions:

Significant increase in acceleration. Can’t tell if corner grip is increased as the tires are too fresh. Need to scrub them in some to get the funk off the outsides.
    More spongy feel and turn in is definitely more vague though. Ride is much more compliant.

The biggest fail of these tires is the noise. They sound like a mud tire equipped Jeep running anywhere above 40mph. They are stupendously loud. I hope this is just its break in period. Will report back after a few thousand miles.

2. kevinatfms

Garage improvements before turbo upgrade. My old box setup was really bad. Latches broken, slides coming apart, rust forming and not enough space made me look for a larger box.

Before 9d9d3db7099e333d49c4b1d935a1495f.jpg

After 796350fdd6ad146ecb189f1427c73d08.jpg

The SVTP banner was a part of the swag bag. It’s pretty badass and fit the box perfectly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ON D BIT and 98 svt like this.
  3. kevinatfms

UPDATE!

A few things have come to really set this car up for more grip.

Got a smoking deal on a MFactory Helical Limited Slip differential.

In other great news....I will start the turbo swap, LSD swap and install a new clutch starting next weekend!(weekend of Dec 29th)

I will start Friday night by pulling the transmission out to get taken to a local trans shop for the LSD install and to replace the blocker rings(synchros). They will check the gear wear and replace the gearset if needed.

While the transmission is out, we will be replacing the clutch, flywheel and pressure plate with new OEM. We will also be installing the new hybrid turbocharger, downpipe and other bits at the same time.

So the next month will be a busy one and i will post as many photos as i can.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
  4. kevinatfms

Car is on hold until i get my FRPP diff install kit. Dont want to pull the transmission without having the new bearings and stuff for the LSD install.

Turbo is ready to go. Waiting for my downpipe to come back from the cerakote painter. Should be ready this week.

With the Chump Car taking alot of my time it kind of got put on the back burner. It will get it all soon enough though.

5. kevinatfms

Well, finally got my FRPP diff kit. So, once the Chump Car is off to the cage builder we will set a date to get the transmission removed from the car and sent off to get the blocker rings replaced, LSD installed and to check the gears.