My new ST! Oxford White 2015 content

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
I have 17k miles on mine. Same issues with rock chips.
30/31 mixed 33+ highway mileage.
Roller coaster on wheels when not behind any traffic.
Love the wheel and tire combo. Beside the limited tread life. 10k miles on front 70% tread used.
Ordered new tires based on sidewall puncture and told their not available. Went up to 205/45 s04 tires. Softer ride and more comfort with similar traction.

Best car I've ever had. Hate to say that since it's only a 4 cyl.

Any pics of the 45 tire? I have been interested in going one size up for comfort purposes. If you could shoot and couple and post them up it would be appreciated!

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
image.jpeg

I'll get close up soon.

WutApex

Wut Apex!?!
Established Member
All the reviews on these things (SVTP, C-C, youtube, etc) is really making me want one. Thinking one may have to replace my dying DD.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Horrendous as in don't last?

The s04 have a much better rating for wear. Decent price too. 112 a tire!

They have lasted ok. 25,000 miles right now but they are hard as a rock and make a ton of noise. I was hoping of going with some Hankooks but i need to see what Hankooks they have in the 45 series tire size now.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
All the reviews on these things (SVTP, C-C, youtube, etc) is really making me want one. Thinking one may have to replace my dying DD.

You will find no better DD / fun toy then the FiST. Its not the quickest thing around but the sheer joy of driving it is insane. I dont even have a tune on mine yet and people are saying it wakes up even more. I cant wait till i hit that 36k mark. Tune, downpipe and front mount.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
A little update:

36,300 miles and still an absolute blast. Its my daily driver while i search for an appropriate mid size truck to replace my aging Hyundai(finally crapped the bed). So mileage went up quick.

Car currently has a Cobb APv3 with the Stage 1 93 tune, Cobb RMM, K&N drop in filter, Boomba short shifter with TB bracing front and rear. A Depo Racing front mount intercooler is on its way($329 is a steal for this unit) which will allow me to upload the Cobb Stage 2 93 tune for a bit more bump in power.

Issues to bring up:
Paint is horribly thin and lacks proper flex agent. This is a major problem and i foresee a front bumper/hood/fenders repaint before 40k miles. I HIGHLY suggest anyone who owns a FiST or is looking at one to get the clear bra installed immediately following purchase. I regret this almost every day that i did not get it installed.

Last edited:

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Excellent writeup on this car Kevin, I love driving mine every day. It is a blast!
Thanks! Its been the best daily besides my old Hyundai Elantra. If the Fiesta can go the 250+k miles that the Hyundai went then it will take the #1 spot on all time favorite list.

Excellent review for your 36k mile mark. Good advice on the paint as well.

How are you liking the tune??

Tune is amazing. Completely changed the car. Everything from throttle response to total power output is increased. I just picked up the Depo Racing intercooler and will be installing that in the next week or two. This will then allow me to go for the stage 2 OTS tune. For $330 shipped its one of the best deals on the market. Welds look killer and core size is the same as the Cobb unit. Should help cool the intake charge quite a bit.
IC1.jpg
IC2.jpg

Thanks for the update! I wasn't aware the paint was so thin
Get the clear bra done immediately if you havent. Worth the money and time saved getting your car repainted due to chips.

Found out the stock lugs nuts are like the 05+ Mustangs where they bulge due to corrosion under the "chrome" cap. Dealer wants $150 to replace them as they may damage them pulling them off. I told them to pound sand and that ill find a cheaper solution. McGuard has a set of lugs with no chrome cap/sheath for $46 shipped from Amazon, part number 64012. Will install them Monday and take pictures of the bulging im talking about. Link below to the McGuard direct fit lug nuts:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000COS0GU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Everyone check for bulging nuts!

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Ordered and received the Fiesta ST all weather floor mats. Also just ordered a winter weather wheel/tire package from DTD.com for under $450 shipped. Steel wheels and some GT Radial Icepro tires in 195/55/15. Going to primer and paint the steelies white to help match the car.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
So ordered more parts. Rok Blokz rally flaps which should compliment my DTD winter wheel/tire package nicely. Going today to grab some white paint from Home Depot and will be masking them off tomorrow for paint. Hoping for that rally car look once completed.

Huge shout out to DTD for the winter tire package. Under $450 shipped is insane for a full set of wheels/tires. Cant wait to get them mounted in time for the snowy season.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Update!
New wheels and tires are painted. Mud flaps have arrived.
Going to install it all next weekend. Should be good to go for the winter.
3c6b576832d89c0eb5b74c1a64464d55.jpg

a07747a8431135c80ddf408917c4ba5a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Nice. Glad I don't have to deal with that though.

Yeah, snow has always been one of those things. It doesnt bother me now since i use snow tires on my vehicles. My wife found the difference quite shocking last year with her Edge. Her truck was night and day from when she had her Explorer(a proper truck too!) with all seasons vs her Edge with dedicated winter tires.

These are quite beefy so im worried about road noise. I am hoping its not too bad. Now to find a new set of summer only tires. My gut says get the Toyo R1's while my common sense says General A/S(for wet days).

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Flaps, wheels and tires installed. Looks great. Very happy.
c5a248a411943ae1d528bc94e219e0a7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread