My new ST! Oxford White 2015 content

Kevins89notch

Established Member
What's the new 16 ST incentives?
Mine was 1500 and 0% for 72 or 2500 back.

No clue really. The ford dealer that has the one I'm looking at, it just says "dealer discount" as I said.

I searched within about 3 hours to see what else is up for grabs, and there's a Magnetic ST with recaros/sunroof for $18,999. They are claiming $6,440 off msrp. That's damn tempting if not a little over 3 hours away, and that I like white the most.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Use that 6k+ off as leverage. If you can get the white one down to 20.5 or 21.5 with 0% financing for 6 years it would be nice. That is if you want all the options.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Use that 6k+ off as leverage. If you can get the white one down to 20.5 or 21.5 with 0% financing for 6 years it would be nice. That is if you want all the options.

Yeah, I have a couple "points" I'll be making when discussing price. That's one.

I've long driven ****box cars. I've have 4 civics in the last 12 years, all 97-00, all under $4,500, and 3 of 4 were insurance write offs...1 stolen, 1 kissed a deer, and 1 totaled last weekend. I've long been financially able to purchase a new car, but part of me still likes the ****boxes. However the last one pushed me over the edge. I couldn't have sold it for a grand it was such a POS but insurance is cutting me a check for $3,600 thanks to some girl texting while driving.

....anyway, being my first new car, I'm not cutting any corners. I'm getting exactly what I want. White, silver wheels and recaros. I don't care about sunroof, but since I'm not custom ordering one, anyone with recaros will almost surely have the sunroof.

In terms of financing, that's tricky. I'm about to go house shopping. "OMG, DON'T BUY A NEW CAR!"...yeah yeah, I've heard that and talked with a girl who does mortgages. I have zero debt of any sort. I'm going to put down 10K and finance the rest so payments of like $145. That will effect my debt to income ratio, but being my only debt it won't be a real issue. ...otherwise yeah I would take 0% for the whole amount.

Last edited:

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Any word Kevin?

I might go today(monday). Slight issue is I work at 4pm and I am NOT a morning person. Normal is getting up at noon. If not today, I'm off Tuesday and Wednesday, before the rental is due Thursday.

Funny thing, just an hour ago I F5ed their site and the white 16 just dropped from $22,296 to $21,541. They want it gone I think. :)

So I'll start at 19.5, they'll come down half way to 20.5, and then I'll demand the floor mats, hatch liner, and maybe a ford racing tshirt. :) I got nothing to lose, right?

Kevins89notch

Established Member
I always negotiate OTD price so the can't say 20.5 + 2 fees + 1.5 TTL.
22 or 23 otd for a new loaded ST is a bargain for what the car is!

Noted. Florida is 6% from what I'm seeing, so $1,200 on 20K. I have plates from the wrecked car, so I know there's a small transfer fee. I've heard of destination fees and such but I don't know how legit or BS those are. None the less, so 20.5 for the car, $1,500 for taxes and fees, so yeah I guess I'll shoot for 22K out the door with the mats.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
IMG_2311.JPG
Look at this, from a dealer in Miami.
Advertised 19.6 otd price of 23.6. Haha
From the ST forum.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
View attachment 92392 Look at this, from a dealer in Miami.
Advertised 19.6 otd price of 23.6. Haha
From the ST forum.

4K increase. Wow.

So I state the 18.9K one, and thus just suggest 22K OTD?

Any thoughts on potential BS they might suggest? I'm in FL, so I know they won't try for undercoating. What about extended warranties or so?

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Try to get 22k or 23k with your white car advertised at 21.5k.

The right side. They say the 21.5 internet price includes a military discount, so it's 22.5 for me. The internet price "never" includes some other fee which is 1695, so 24,236 is the real price and then 26,759 OTD.

http://i.imgur.com/gI4jvxt.jpg

Left side is a quote for a 17 with recaros no sunroof.

Oh, and they said I can't get 0% on the 16, but I could for the 17.

Then I found what I would call the real issue. They don't have car. It's at a "sister dealership" 90 miles away. The more I talked, the sales manger came out and said roughly: "The thing is its a 16. They won't trade that to me. I will have to cut them a check for their price listed on their site, and then I would have to take a loss, and then my boss won't be happy." So while they are "sister dealers" under the same owner, they clearly operate separately. I understand this as I work for a large company that has departments that have to pay other departments...despite being the same company. I requested an OTD price from the dealer 90 miles away that actually has the 16, and they are not being very easy about it. They want me to come in. I said I'm not driving 90 miles to be told the same numbers I was told today after driving 35 miles one way.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Forget them!
Try to get the one 3 hours away advertised for 19k w/ 26k msrp.

Offer 21k otd. They probably pull the same crap. The deal similar to mine would be 24k otd w/ 0%.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Forget them!
Try to get the one 3 hours away advertised for 19k w/ 26k msrp.

Offer 21k otd. They probably pull the same crap. The deal similar to mine would be 24k otd w/ 0%.

I called about the one 90 miles away.

Just got off the phone with someone who barely spoke English. :mad:

I asked for an OTD price and she called me back 5 minutes later. 26,482. I told her I have an OTD price of that for a 17. I explained it's been on their lot for probably half a year, it's a year old if I were to buy it and trade it in 6 weeks later, and that there's a 16 with recaros 4 hours south with an online price of 18,995. I told her I can go 22 OTD. 5 minute later, "yeah, I talk to him and he no can do that...maybe you come up some and he come down a couple hundred." I again told her I can get a 17 at that price and get 0% which I can't for the 16. I told her I'm serious and can be there tomorrow at 9am for 22 OTD. She checked again and again just a "he no can do that." She wouldn't even offer anything like like 25.5 or 24.5. I told her that she has my number if he changes his mind and wants to finally sell the car.

****!

Rental is due back Thursday afternoon. I have tomorrow morning to buy a car and it's another week in the rental.

The one 3-4 hour south is Magnetic, which is alright, but if I'm spending more than I ever have on a car, I'm getting the color I want, white... with recaros.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Do we get to see these on your car?

Soon enough. Was waiting on TPMS sensors. Still debating on tires. I daily drive it for now and might stick with the Riken Raptor ZR's as they have been quite good and are pretty quiet. The other half of me wants to put some Falken RT615K's on it.....

Also ordered Bilstein B8's from AJUSA for $412 shipped. Great deal with free shipping. Eibachs need to be bought before the damper swap.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Had to order new strut mounts. 50k miles and was thinking its better to just install new than to disassemble everything and have the roller bearings pop out.

I am still contemplating lowering springs. Think i kinda of want that stock height look with the rally style wheels and mud flaps. I cant always change my mind later on and install some Eibachs.

I should start the rear install this weekend and the fronts next weekend(if i get the parts in time). Wheels and tires should be done next week also. Looking forward to posting pics and seeing everyone's opinion.

-Kevin

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Installed Bilsteins B8 rear shocks today. Significant differences in the shaft size and length. Overall ride in the rear is greatly increased.
e9a5c1658a34ae93756c99b0a2f59987.jpg

af4a89a51e65261c270ef090da8b5bcd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Front strut parts came in today. Since im out of town this weekend i wont get to install them but I plan on it the weekend of July 22. Should have photos up at that point showing the new wheels and struts installed.

So far the rears feel amazing. Took out alot of the harsh rebound the OEM rear shocks had. Rear end feels very planted during aggressive driving.

Users who are viewing this thread