My New (vette) Set up: Forged Pistons,"Big" Blower Cam, ect.

callmedoc

Boosted Meth Addict
Established Member
Well, after a very long story and a 4+ month ordeal from hell with ECS, my C6 Z51 Vert' I've had for 7 years is now the "healthiest" she has been. Bammann Racing did the build. Has Forged MAHLE FI pistons and other all new basics (Manley pushrods, Katech C5R TC, Mellings HV Oil pump, etc), Brian Tooley Spring Kit/titanium ret., ECS "Big" Blower Cam---added to my Paxton Novi, Meth Inj, Mantic 9000 TD Clutch, ect.

Here is a quick idle clip with my iPhone. Should have been in landscape, but wasn't the point of the vid. The car shakes side to side at idle and if you put your speakers up when I go behind the car, your computer should do the same :D

callmedoc

Boosted Meth Addict
Established Member
Thanks guys! Those comments make me feel *a bit* better about the huge hole in my pocket :)

mystickb1996

Established Member
Yep that sounds amazing. cant beat the sound of a cammed ls. Are the hp numbers in your sig correct? since your forged now you could turn it up!

Bearbo

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
So the SVTP criminals don't come and hijack his sweet ride. Everybody knows that all it takes is a license plate and you have all private info a person has.

callmedoc

Boosted Meth Addict
Established Member
Your car sounds WICKED, man.

lump lump lump lump lump lump lump lump

I love it.

Thanks guys! As my buddy put it, "it's like a symphony"

Yep that sounds amazing. cant beat the sound of a cammed ls. Are the hp numbers in your sig correct? since your forged now you could turn it up!

Thanks man. Those are my old numbers in the sig. I haven't figured out how to update my sig on this new website :) With only 200 miles on the motor, it put down 720/660. Should open up more after the 1st oil change at 1000 miles, but my power is limited by fuel right now. Still just on a boost-a-pump and basic injectors. They told me to break in the motor as is before upgrading the fuel system. Regardless, this thing is really traction limited right now! This was a vid from the last local "cars and cafe". I take off at 11:42. Car feels very dialed in!

I have 20" wheels, so thinking about the Toyo R888's? Anyone with other recs?

callmedoc

Boosted Meth Addict
Established Member
^ This is the onboard view for the take off at 11:42. One of the local spotters who has filmed my car a few times is a good guy (Omar). I gave him a ride to where he needed to go and he put this vid together from the last C & C. You can see some daytime flames/sparks out the left exhaust at 0:14 :D

callmedoc

Boosted Meth Addict
Established Member
One last video of the season. "93 accelerations" and a well put together video that I hope you guys enjoy. :) This was the best meet of the season and ironically at the end of the season. So many nice cars around here....

I take off at 4:03. You can hear/see the active handling keep the car from being all over the road. It's a monster and a handful! In the garage it goes until it warms up and I ditch these Pirelli's!!

BTW, that orange Huracan that follows me messed with the wrong Corvette. :D I wish I had a GoPro on me to film what happened beyond the video..

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That is one beastly Vette. Love the engine symphony. Gotta love the cam lope. Your must turn a lot of heads when you drive it around town. ;)

callmedoc

Boosted Meth Addict
Established Member
Very nice... I went a similar direction with mine, but i'm guessing I have a bigger hole in my pocket.

Thanks man! Mind sharing what you have done to your Z06? From what I hear, the LS7 does not like boost as much as the LS2 and LS3 do and it's a better motor left NA?

Sounds mean!

Good Lord!!!! That thing sounds pissed off!!

Thanks guys! Best feedback to get!

That is one beastly Vette. Love the engine symphony. Gotta love the cam lope. Your must turn a lot of heads when you drive it around town. ;)

No thread is complete on this forum without your seal of approval Bob!! Thanks as always.

Between the Cam sound out the exhaust, and the blower/tial blow off valve sound from the front, she gets a lot of attention...

Speaking of which, yesterday was the annual Glen Cove to Citifield "Toys for tots" event and I heard it was the event of the year, so I had to make time for this/get the Vette out the garage! Best car meet I've ever been too and the most fun I've had in awhile!! Over 1000 cars and everything you can imagine was there, including a Koenigsegg! The cops closed down the LIE for a good section and people were racing all down the highway until we got to queens with typical bumper to bumper traffic. Any one on the forum attend? I met a really cool '14 5.0 owner and we were having some fun with revs and the crowd!

I will have more footage including the M5 behind me getting a shot of a "huge flames" (per his words) come out the back of my car on the drive. The Supercharged Gen2 blue/white stripe Viper has footage on his GoPro of him getting smoked by my Vette, but don't think he will share that
tongue.gif
When he told me "that thing sounds incredible" and "no one ever pulled on me like that" on the road, it made all the $ I've spent on this car worth it.
thumbsup.gif

#toysfortots for pics/vids of this epic event

59_B0_BF70_014_C_4563_97_EA_30353_F0_AF1_DE.jpg

648_B3_E88_43_C3_4_D3_D_81_F5_8093893_BBEDC.jpg

IMG_5226.jpg

45_B5_CA5_D_DA30_4264_9_A82_9_C6_AC5_BCB641.jpg

2_F84_F4_DE_0_A16_49_F2_8685_389576_F8_EF97.jpg

adidasUNT8

Established Member
Hey I sold my LS7 and went with a different set-up because, like you said the LS7 doesn't like boost for obvious reasons. Mine is a stroked and fully built 5.4... set-up to support over 30# trickflow heads, longtubes, o/r x, corsa axle-back, Fore triple pump set-up on E85 1- 450lph primary, 2-320lph for boost. FIC 2000 injectors, mantic 9000 clutch, tick master, ... I need to swap the head unit to a YSI badly. Making about 19# now. Overspun ECS novi 1500 kit.

Users who are viewing this thread