My Poor, Poor Friend...

CJsV8Bird

One of my buddies has an 01 Civic Si. He's done a few minor mods to it. AEM cold air intake, exhaust, etc. For some reason or another he think his car flies. I've driven in it, and, I have to admit, it's a quick little bastard. It is not, however, fast by any means. Fun to drive, yes. Fast?? No. But, I let him slide. I don't say anything about it...

He'll crack jokes like, "I'm going to get a sticker on my back window that says 'Cobra Eater' on it." And I'll say, "That's ok, I won't ever see it, b/c I won't ever be behind you."

Then today, he walks up to me and tells me about this header he's buying for it. I'm listening, sounds cool. Good deal. Next, he tells me it adds 20 FWHP. I doubt it, but, who knows, I guess it's possible. I told him it'll be louder anyway... Then, he starts talking about saving up for a supercharger. Which, would be cool. The car would be quick as piss, and a blast to drive. Unfortunately, that's not good enough. He goes into this whole deal, I call 'box addition' and says that after he installs the header he'll be a 190 FWHP. Not a chance. I tell him you can't just add up what AEM said their pipe was going to add, plus whatever the exhaust was supposed to add, and whatever the header is supposed to add and have your HP numbers. :shrug: His response was, "Well, I'll get the header, get the supercharger, which is easy to bolt right on, and see." I'm like ok, and was starting to act uninterested. So, he continues, "I'll be pushin'... ... about... ... 320 at the wheels."

At that point I couldn't contain myself, I started laughing and walked away.

That fool (and many others) need to put those ricer mags down and start doing some math.

Those guys running 12's or better have a TON of money dumped into those 4 bangers. They aren't just buying your basic, run of the mill, supercharger or turbo set ups.

I checked into the supercharger set up he was talking about. It's supposed to put his car into the low 15's!!

And he thinks he going to smoke my Cobra??! :bash:

:cuss: Sorry this was so long, I needed to vent. :cuss:

I'm cool now, much better.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
I get to hear stuff like this all of the time....I just nod my head because that is a lot easier than trying to inform the misinformed

CJsV8Bird

Originally posted by flyn high again
Why don't you just race him if you haven't already. That will show him the truth.

Even though he talks like a moron sometimes. He isn't one. : )

He took it out to the dragstrip, but ended up not running it.

Hmmmmmmm.... lol

CJsV8Bird

Originally posted by SNCBOOM
I get to hear stuff like this all of the time....I just nod my head because that is a lot easier than trying to inform the misinformed

I agree. Most of the time, that's what I do as well. I have another buddy who just bought a 97 GT Vert. It's stock performance-wise. I drove it, and it's slow. But he goes around telling everyone how fast it is, and that he'll keep up with me. I caught up to him one day, and in front of his friends, offered to race him. Right then and there. For $100 and I said I'd take off in 2nd gear... He wouldn't do it. Punk....

Another guy at work has a 96 or 97 V8 Camaro he's always talking about. There were a couple of hard core Chevy guys out there at the time, and they got me riled up saying he'd beat me. So, we lined him up at lunch. Everything was cool, until I hit second gear. I lost traction, and went completely sideways. Luckily, I was already a full car length in front of him, it looked like I did it on purpose to the "crowd." The next day one of the Chevy found out I had a couple of mods. (pullies, gears, exhaust, nothing major) and said "Ah, that's the only reason you beat the Camaro." LOL FOOLS!!

Users who are viewing this thread