My Procharger install Review

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
I remember way back when I installed a P1SC kit on my Wife's car. The Procharger startup tube that was done via a Diablosport Chip wasn't right. I called Procharger, told them what was going on, and they sent me a new tune/chip, next day shipping at no cost to me.

Great company that makes a great product. Hard to beat their tech support, customer service, and fit and finish!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7Lemons

Established Member
I remember way back when I installed a P1SC kit on my Wife's car. The Procharger startup tube that was done via a Diablosport Chip wasn't right. I called Procharger, told them what was going on, and they sent me a new tune/chip, next day shipping at no cost to me.

Great company that makes a great product. Hard to beat their tech support, customer service, and fit and finish!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the feedback, I hope I have the same luck calling them and having them ship some parts promptly. So far I've filled out an email request for support like 3 separate times, each time crickets on the other end... I will of course call this time, but nowadays you'd think email/online support would be better. I know Lund's online support is outstanding...heck I've gotten to know a couple of them though long email support exchanges!

7Lemons

Established Member
By the way you can find the instruction manual here https://www.procharger.com/catalogs/2011_Mustang_GT_Boss_302/index.html#/20/

Page 22 has the hose schematic for you to follow. I can only assume you are missing this manual.

I have this manual printed, and up on my tablet on my workbench as I was working on it. I also have the instructions posted on AMs website for reference. I have no issue with the instructions ... I just don't have the same parts that it's describing, but somehow the previous owner seemed to have it all together that way! Anyway... the instructions on page 21 show 4 elbows total. 3 of them have no extended leg (side a and b of the right triangle are equal) and one should be extended (SC outlet). However, the one I have that has an extended leg is a 3.5" hose - which must be for the TB as it's the only 3.5" connection. Also - none of the other 3" elbows have an extended leg. I wonder if the previous owner cut the tube to better fit his car or something since he had a 2011 where you have to cut a lot of the fascia (I have a '13 where no cutting is necessary).

7Lemons

Established Member
I meant for the PCV on the drivers side.

Yeah after I re-read what you said I knew something was wrong! Okay - so you used the factory 90 off the drivers side PCV to your seperator, etc. I plan to use the factory piece there too - but I need to get the 5/8 hose onto the factory piece. Will that factory stiff metal/plastic hose come off of the 90 degree PCV coupler? If so, I can get my 5/8 hose right onto it...

7Lemons

Established Member
I did not like that 90° hose that they gave with the kit. I know its being anal but i hated how cheap that looked. I used the factory 90° connector and routed it to the Bobs oil separator.

View attachment 1482348

View attachment 1482349

imeyers - is that the Procharger supplied 90 degree 3.5" tube connected to the TB? I have a hose that was cut there too and have to order a new one from Procharger. I'm just hoping it will work for the Boss IM that I have on there? Looks like you have it on there fine...as long as it's the one that came with the kit?

Also - how did you get the factory plastic stiff pipe off of the factory PCV 90 elbow (driver's side). That looks neat how you have it! Thanks...

fuelforfire87

Established Member
imeyers - is that the Procharger supplied 90 degree 3.5" tube connected to the TB? I have a hose that was cut there too and have to order a new one from Procharger. I'm just hoping it will work for the Boss IM that I have on there? Looks like you have it on there fine...as long as it's the one that came with the kit?

Also - how did you get the factory plastic stiff pipe off of the factory PCV 90 elbow (driver's side). That looks neat how you have it! Thanks...
The procharger kit will fit the boss intake manifold. You will just have to adjust the piping to get it to connect well. When I first got my procharger I was running the stock manifold but when I switched to the Boss I had to make some adjustments to the piping after the outlet of the intercooler.

7Lemons

Established Member
The procharger kit will fit the boss intake manifold. You will just have to adjust the piping to get it to connect well. When I first got my procharger I was running the stock manifold but when I switched to the Boss I had to make some adjustments to the piping after the outlet of the intercooler.
Sorry for the delay. I should be good when this hose comes from Procharger then... thanks

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

7Lemons

Established Member
You have to cut it lengthwise.
Yeah once I took off the foam insulation I could see the Barb underneath the hard plastic so I could tell it just needed cut... done. Did you clamp the hose to your surge valve and the vacuum manifold? I'm wondering if I have the wrong hose and or clamps. It seems too thin to me. Should this be something reinforced like 3/16 fuel line?

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

imeyers302

Established Member
20160914_223739.jpg

7Lemons

Established Member
I was using the 2 bottom ports on the manifold (and plugging the top) to avoid the sharp turn, but that shouldn't matter. I have been looking all over for the 3/16 ID hose that is reinforced and has thick walls so it can't collapse (like fuel line), and the tiny clamps that it requires. I finally found the stuff at O'Reilly auto store - I was going to get it tonight or tomorrow... I'm about ready to start this thing up and see what happens!!

The hose I have now to the surge valve is some junk hose that pep boys had...and it seems too easy to collapse to me. Plus my Prosport Evo digital boost gauge comes with some cheap ass clear tubing that looks like fish tank tubing! I was skeptical of all this but maybe these hoses just stay on fine and don'e need to be as beefy as I'm thinking??
This is my gauge and if you look at the pics you can see the "fish tube" that it comes with:
https://www.americanmuscle.com/dualcolor-digital-boost-electric-bluered.html

Users who are viewing this thread