my take on a terminator swap-big cams vid and pics

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
SO as some of you know I had a procharger f1a on my car and it never really drove the way I wanted it too nor did it sell when I wanted it to. So I saw how most terminator swapped sn95's were selling pretty easily so me being me I decided to have some fun adn swap mine over as well. Without me posting my 3 page long parts list- I'll break down the motor real quick, 4.6 windsor block bored .010, custom ROSS pistons 10:1 CR, 235/238 custom bullet cams, everything else you can think of motor wise. has built trans, built rear, big fuel system, full exhaust etc.
So for the eaton swap I traded my procharger setup for a kenne bell 2.6h setup with metco 2#lower, JLT RAI, SCT BA2600, accufab SBTB, metco idler, metco lower cage etc. I also took my previous corbeau seats adn rear seat delete out and replaced them with low mile 03 seats front and rear. and yes the driver side is wired for power, which is nice after having the corbeaus'.
What I like about my swap is the little things and hopefully you'll agree- I did custom power steering lines so they're not coming over the valve cover, I used my previous GT500 expansion tank and 03/04 I/C tank (tucked down, not bolted up top) so the front is nice and open. used my previous coolant crossover delete kit which I think looks bitchin with the blower setup, and swapped to COP's with redfire powerdercoated valve covers which are a little different with the pacific green exterior color but I like it. I was also able to make the stock hood fit which was a huge relief. I also did custom brackets for the heat exchanger to fit perfectly in the front bumper opening. let me know what you think!
here's a walk around vid- from cold start until it settles for idle with 30 sec left on the vid
https://flic.kr/p/rR79xd

DSC02367 by zacharytjordan, on Flickr
DSC02369 by zacharytjordan, on Flickr
DSC02368 by zacharytjordan, on Flickr
DSC02365 by zacharytjordan, on Flickr
DSC02362 by zacharytjordan, on Flickr
DSC02360 by zacharytjordan, on Flickr
DSC02359 by zacharytjordan, on Flickr
LINK to an idle vid. sorry for the ambient noise with my potato cam but you get the jist of the sound
https://flic.kr/p/rHe3bi

Last edited:

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
Dang i'd love to see this car in person! How do you like it compared to the F1A?

I like it better for the increase in tq and lack of noise. I can actually hear my stereo now while driving lol. still going to put it up for sale though. was kinda my whole reason for swapping it over.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I was hoping to hear that after seeing how awesome the swap went that you had decided to keep it. But I totally understand you wanted to still sell it. I predict it will sell fast and for a nice price. I love everything you've done. The Redfire powder-coated covers and definitely a nice touch as IMO they contrast nicely with the Pacific Green paint. Well done!!! :rockon:

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
I was hoping to hear that after seeing how awesome the swap went that you had decided to keep it. But I totally understand you wanted to still sell it. I predict it will sell fast and for a nice price. I love everything you've done. The Redfire powder-coated covers and definitely a nice touch as IMO they contrast nicely with the Pacific Green paint. Well done!!! :rockon:

thanks so much!

It looks awesome but the 03 seats look out of place with the tan interior.

not gonna totally disagree with you there but I couldn't pass up the trade being as they're low mileage seats and the guy was close to me- so no shipping, it was a perfect trade. hopefully a new owner will like them or swap the inserts for the dark inserts. wouldn't be hard- I did all the alcantara you see in the interior myself so swapping a seat insert out would be easy greasy.

TClark22

Established Member
I don't exactly understand your reason to swap to a twin screw just to sell the car but hey its still a nice car regardless of forced induction. The F1 was just more unique and stood out from the rest of the crowd.

lol I hear you, the bigger prochargers are loud AF! Sound like jets taking off!

Nice car! Hopefully the new owner swaps that ugly tan interior to a all black interior or at least black and grey to match the seats.

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
I don't exactly understand your reason to swap to a twin screw just to sell the car but hey its still a nice car regardless of forced induction. The F1 was just more unique and stood out from the rest of the crowd.

lol I hear you, the bigger prochargers are loud AF! Sound like jets taking off!

Nice car! Hopefully the new owner swaps that ugly tan interior to a all black interior or at least black and grey to match the seats.

the procharger was unique, and I found that it really narrowed my range of buyers-it scared alot of people off I think. I never had one person come look at the car in person-lots of no show buyers

smitty2919

Established Member
Not a fan of the grey/black seats on otherwise tan interior. Black arm rest sticks out too much along with the random yellow stripe on the shifter boot.

Looks like a clean car for sure. Well done.

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
Not a fan of the grey/black seats on otherwise tan interior. Black arm rest sticks out too much along with the random yellow stripe on the shifter boot.

Looks like a clean car for sure. Well done.

I did the yellow shifter stripe to match my yellow centering stripe on my steering wheel

cobrasvtcoupe25

Established Member
Nice Cobra!

Why did you get rid of your FX1 Corbeau seats? They looked awesome in the cobra and probably lost a lot of weight with the rear seat delete right? Not comfortable?

Crimson2v

Established Member
Premium Member
Looks awesome, I bet it's a blast to drive. I agree with above, tan inserts on seats and she is golden.

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
Nice Cobra!

Why did you get rid of your FX1 Corbeau seats? They looked awesome in the cobra and probably lost a lot of weight with the rear seat delete right? Not comfortable?

long drives made your butt numb, and I'd have potential buyers wanting rear seats

he should swap with a parchment person then... done and done Thumbs up OP... the car looks great:thumbsup:

Looks awesome, I bet it's a blast to drive. I agree with above, tan inserts on seats and she is golden.

I definately know what your saying but I'm done with tinkering with the car- hence it's up for sale. thanks for the compliments everybody.

atxjustice6r

Established Member
I guess I was one of the few that really liked that procharger. Sometimes when Im bored, I just go and read over the parts list on the car in your for sale add, lol. I wonder how many people decided not to buy it simply because EVERYTHING is already done and theres not much to do other than drive it. SICK car man. If it only had a CCW drag pack!

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
I bet you could find someone on here who would trade you their parchment 03 interior for your grey one.

Murder Snake

SnakeBT
Established Member
agreed, beautiful car. parchment inserts and perfection is there. hate to see you sell it but maybe this time will be the charm. car is much more street presentable now, although, loved the way it was too!!!

Users who are viewing this thread