My thoughts so far

slidai

Established Member
First off, I want to say that this is one of, if not the best car I have ever driven. And I have driven some expensive cars in my time.

The cars' sticker was around 41.5k and I paid a little under 36k with tax, tag title and dock fee out the door.

First, the good stuff. As you can see by my signature, I got the track package, Electronics package, Shaker pro and rear spoiler. I was on the fence about the electronics package but I have to say that it's a-maze-ing. It's easy to use. The response is super fast with a huge screen and the maps are perfect. There is nothing I have wanted to do that I can't. While a lot of people think the shaker pro is a waste of money, considering my discount, it was worth it to me. I just like having all my stuff done from the factory. the bass is superb in my opinion. It's loud inside but not too loud so that you annoy the car next to you. The trunk does not rattle even at high output. So that's a huge plus for me. There is nothing worse then hearing a license plate rattle while the bass is up.

Now to the things that annoy me. The first two go together. I really wish they speedometer and tachometer were swapped. I don't like looking at an angle to see my speed. My 06 was in the configuration I wish this one was in. It just makes sense to look straight on at the speedometer. At the very least, Ford should add a digital speed read out for the center LCD screen.

Related to the swapping issue, I wish the audio and cruise control switches were swapped. I don't know about anyone else, but I drive mainly with my left arm resting on the drivers window and left hand holding the steering wheel around the cruise control switch area. I keep my right hand on the shifter. I end up never really using the steering wheel controls. No other car with audio control that I have ever driven has had them on the right side of the steering wheel.

Another thing is the the center console cup holder. When I rest my forearm on the cup holder area while holding the shifter, when the cup holder is closed, my forearm tends to slightly open the lid. This kind of freaked me out the first time is happened driving home. I felt like my arm was falling through the center console. So now I have to keep the holder open which is annoying. But I will get used to it. I think a stronger spring is in order. I don't think switching the way it opens would help.

So that's it, nothing huge but with only 100 miles on the car, those are my thoughts so far.

And that's it. Nothing majorly bad by any means. Just me being n

Users who are viewing this thread