My Whipple Cobra dyno

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZxxAKLZLdQ"]YouTube - My Cobra Whipple[/ame]

Finally figured out how to post a video.

Who says the Whipples are quiet.....

589 rwhp 526 rwtq

2.3L Gen 2 Whipple stock 3.5" upper at 14.6 - 15lbs boost
Intake, catback and SBTB, 94 octane tune:rockon:

Last edited:

JoePac

Established Member
More suttle then the KB but I bet produces the same hp's.

Last edited:

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Very nice Kel!! Cobra sounds awesome and those are pretty darn good numbers for 15 lbs of boost!

You thinking about a "race" 19 lb setup with maybe a 4 lb lower?????

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
Very nice Kel!! Cobra sounds awesome and those are pretty darn good numbers for 15 lbs of boost!

You thinking about a "race" 19 lb setup with maybe a 4 lb lower?????

LOL, I am just a rookie still. Even as is, I think I better dig out the clutch I bought back 6 months ago.

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
SVTkel,

Sounds perfect man. Your video makes me want to put my factory mid-pipe back on. That is what you have right... :rockon:

Yeah, it has the factory mid pipe. For me it never seemed to affect my power much at all to keep the stock mid pipe. I like it to be fairly quiet at idle and 1/2 throttle. Still is plenty loud at WOT. A bit of stealth is a good thing.

I will try and post a video from the back.

WeeZee

Member of NMRA
Established Member
Sweeeeeeeeeeet, man every time i hear a twin screw i wish i bought a Terminator. Oh well ill just have to build it myself. Great car & very clean !!!

Kevin the Clean 1

1 CLEAN 04 SNAKE
Established Member
Yeah, it has the factory mid pipe. For me it never seemed to affect my power much at all to keep the stock mid pipe. I like it to be fairly quiet at idle and 1/2 throttle. Still is plenty loud at WOT. A bit of stealth is a good thing.

I will try and post a video from the back.

Thanks for the advice bro. I would like to someday have the very same set-up (a new Whipple with a stock pulley & basically just a cat-back & intake). Your COBRA sounds perfect & I think I might put my stock H back on soon. It's nice to hear the engine over the exhaust instead of the other way around. ;-)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Kel, your car sounds awesome, and your numbers are really nice for your mods. I, too, like the sound of your exhaust. You've done well my friend! Enjoy it! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread