My winter project: SMURFINATOR V.2.0

1320 Junkie

Established Member
20131221_142334_zpsfb3a2dd6.jpg

20131221_162717_zpsf1f83f24.jpg

Doing your build yourself FTW....stay tuned.

blkGT500nCA

Established Member
How long did it take to get out? Did you jack the car up that high, or pick the front end up with the cherry picker?

1320 Junkie

Established Member
How long did it take to get out? Did you jack the car up that high, or pick the front end up with the cherry picker?

Its up realllllllly high...needed a tad more so I lifted the nose by the cross brace with the hoist about 2 extra inches...worked mint. I picked away at it slowly over 3 days..prob 7 hrs total taking my time labeling everything and baggying all the bolts and crap.

Last edited:

blkGT500nCA

Established Member
Its up realllllllly high...needed a tad more so I lifted the nose by the cross brace with the hoist about 2 extra inches...worked mint. I picked away at it slowly over 3 days..prob 7 hrs total taking my time labeling everything and baggying all the blots and crap.

Good stuff! Thanks for the reply. :beer:

1320 Junkie

Established Member
Dude, you are one brave, crazy, out of control mod freak. Keep us posted!

My buddy Rob said....who the hell else would pull a 6k mile perfectly fine motor besides you.....is this bad...do I need rehab..lmao. If Ford put good rods in the motor I wouldn't even be doing this...they didn't so her I am yanking her heart out.

BilletProShop

Established Member
:rockon:
My buddy Rob said....who the hell else would pull a 6k mile perfectly fine motor besides you.....is this bad...do I need rehab..lmao. If Ford put good rods in the motor I wouldn't even be doing this...they didn't so her I am yanking her heart out.

yep,
buddies at Ford went the famous ford powdered metal connecting rods... i have a bucket full of destroyed ones at the shop, they are fine for most application but these should not have been used in the GT500 motors....

talk about someone on a mission
nice work!!!!.... time to clean up the garage:beer:

Last edited:

1320 Junkie

Established Member
yep,
buddies at Ford went the famous ford powdered metal connecting rods... i have a bucket full of destroyed ones at the shop, they are fine for most application but these should not have been used in the GT500 motors....

talk about someone on a mission
nice work!!!!

Thanks Sylvain...ill be relaxing a bit after tomorrow..only a few items to powder coat off motor but it can wait...motor will be back late january.

1320 Junkie

Established Member
IMG_20131222_143807_zps35375181.jpg

20131222_135555_zps13f9e071.jpg

Need a few ratchet straps to secure the crate I made to the block and then she's ready for her ride up north to mass to the engine builder.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
What rods and pistons are you going with?

Check out Arias pistons. They're the best you'll find. Custom made to your specs with awesome coatings. They'll take a little while to get but it sounds like you'll be down for a while anyway. A lot of the off the shelf slugs for these motors have the ring packs too high and aren't coated.

1320 Junkie

Established Member
What rods and pistons are you going with?

Check out Arias pistons. They're the best you'll find. Custom made to your specs with awesome coatings. They'll take a little while to get but it sounds like you'll be down for a while anyway. A lot of the off the shelf slugs for these motors have the ring packs too high and aren't coated.

Yea I've been researching Arias pistons lately....diamond makes a really nice coated piston also.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Arias is the best you're going to get. Building a TT Viper right now with them in it. Really nice pieces.

1320 Junkie

Established Member
you crazy!

cant wait to see/heard the progress

Yea I have a few small screws loose...lol. But the love of the hobby keeps me forging ahead, lol. Spoke with my engine builder and my tuner a few minutes ago...great plan in place and I'm excited to get this part of my 2014 campaign underway.

DaFreak

Established Member
J E T S Jets, Jets, Jets! You'll be holding on for about 8 secs after that bitch is done too!

Nice job Jay!

Users who are viewing this thread