Myrtle Beach

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
My wife and I are going to Myrtle Beach at the end of the month. We are staying at a friends place in Surfside Beach while they aren't there. We've never been down that way before and wanted to ask what some of you that have been there recommend or think is interesting.

Neither one of us are beach dwellers or surfers or into fishing so I don't know how long we'll stay in Myrtle Beach. We may use this a jumping off point and probably go to Fort Sumter and Charleston for the day, maybe Savannah, or go West into the hills.

So what are some good restaurants, costal drives, must see's, must avoids, etc?

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Driving sucks unless you get out of the area, so avoid that. There are many great resturants. What do you like to eat? There's a ton of tourist trap shopping/dining areas.

Since you are so far south, check out the Marsh Walk in Murrells Inlet.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Driving sucks unless you get out of the area, so avoid that. There are many great resturants. What do you like to eat? There's a ton of tourist trap shopping/dining areas.

Since you are so far south, check out the Marsh Walk in Murrells Inlet.

I love seafood, the wife can't eat it so as long they serve something else. I can do a day of the tourist stuff.
Are there any place to avoid?

boost88

Established Member
We just went in May and had a blast. Can't really comment on too much though since we just spent a lot of time at the beach

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I love seafood, the wife can't eat it so as long they serve something else.

Aspen Grill is great if you're looking a bit on the higher end. Anchor Cafe has great food and a good atmosphere, but is a bit of a drive for you. There's a ton of great stuff at the Inlet and Pawley's.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Aspen Grill is great if you're looking a bit on the higher end. Anchor Cafe has great food and a good atmosphere, but is a bit of a drive for you. There's a ton of great stuff at the Inlet and Pawley's.

Thanks, I'll check them both out. I was told Pawley's island is nice, and it looks like a nice drive along the coast.

lilcoop03

Established Member
Golden Egg pancake house for breakfast and Joes Bar and Grill for dinner!

GE has excellent breakfast food and Joes has great food and cool creature watching while you dine

Seafood: Pier 14 has excellent scallops and other non seafood items for your wife

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Man I'm looking up some of these places you all are recommending and I'm fricking starving over here. Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
If you're in Charleston, suggestions:

Poes Tavern on Sullivans is a solid choice for a burger by the beach (seriously go for the burger)
Martins BBQ in James Island
Rutledge Cab co Downtown - this is Bill Murray's place
Santi's or Taco Bartinis (formerly Taco Spot) for Tacos
Edmunds Oast for unique beers/food - this can be fancy dining or you can do the patio side where it's more casual
Hal's chophouse if you're feeling a fancy steak or Burwells (my personal favorite). Both upscale/5 star
Five Loaves cafe for good soup/salad/sandwiches
Madra Ruas if you want authentic Irish food (legit)

If you're after booze, you've got Revelry Brewery, Edmunds Oast Brewery, Tradesmen, Fat Pig, Commonhouse, Westbrook, Firefly, Holy City, the list goes on and on.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
I heard Charleston was cool town to visit. I was told to avoid Columbia. Is there any good day trips West?

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I live in Charleston. I retired from the Navy here and stayed because we loved it so much. So much to see and do with all the history of Downtown, restaurants, plantations, forts, art galleries. Would take Charleston over Myrtle Beach or Savannah all day everyday.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I live in Charleston. I retired from the Navy here and stayed because we loved it so much. So much to see and do with all the history of Downtown, restaurants, plantations, forts, art galleries. Would take Charleston over Myrtle Beach or Savannah all day everyday.

The only problem with Charleston is too damn many people moving there, just like MB.

90lx

Established Member
We're also visiting MB for the first time in the 2nd week of July. We'll have our 3 kids, (ages 11, 16, & 17) so we're looking for suggestions as well. We'll spend time at the beach everyday but looking for things the kids will enjoy. I don't mind driving a little ways from there to take the kids places.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
We're also visiting MB for the first time in the 2nd week of July. We'll have our 3 kids, (ages 11, 16, & 17) so we're looking for suggestions as well. We'll spend time at the beach everyday but looking for things the kids will enjoy. I don't mind driving a little ways from there to take the kids places.

What area are you staying in?

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Carbide

Established Member
Take a whale watching tour on a boat.
And I'll add my love for Charleston. Great place to visit. Had a blast.

Users who are viewing this thread