n2mb wot tuning issue?

chada1208

Established Member
So i purchase the n2mb wot/2 step box for my 03 cobra! Im gettin a dyno tune with an ported blower and my tuner saids not to go with it! He said that sometimes or some cars it messes with the tune?? Im tryin to get my times and shifting down and i really though this would help! Any advice? ? Thanks chad

mystickb1996

Established Member
He's wrong find another tuner lol. I guess technically in changes the tune for a quick second when you shift wot It cuts spark for a split second when you complete the shift.. Other then that it's not changing any hard files in the tune

watman02

Established Member
^+1 hes a moron. It cuts power to the ignition Coils thats it as far as the tune goes your wideban will show a lean spike but thats only due to the fact that no oxygen was burned in the cyl because u had no spark. I would maybe look into a different tuner, or maybe he just dosnt know what it is?
PS I have one and love it shifting is crazy easy! I just have to retrain my self not to lift during shifting...lol

Last edited:

chada1208

Established Member
Thanks guys for the input! I did call another shop and they said the same thing! Thats sometimes it wont work or have pproblems! Most times it works great but not all the times! But both tuners/shops are very well know in buildin mustangs so i do trust both of them! Im i wtill think i will go with it!

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
What's the benefit of running this versus the old school way of power shifting?

I've heard of cars having issues, but it was a set up problem or the box itself.

mystickb1996

Established Member
Makes shifting way easier wot, also is a lot easier on your trans parts as there is a brief second that let's your trans mesh better when shifting into the next gear, which is better then the old school way of power shifting... WOT box plain works and there is a lot of ppl on here that use them, the 2 step feature is also a plus that comes with it, which makes launching consistent at the strip.

ctgreddy

Established Member
food for thought on this, I've been out tuning my own car and have one of these, afr's are fine when I stay in one gear but if shift and dont do the wot shift, just normal, the next gear runs much richer and stumbles upon the shift. i'm gonna try turning everything on the box off and see if it changes anything in this. Otherwise I'll just have to get used to wot shifting 100% of the time.

sethahoward

Established Member
I love mine, It also has a rev limiter, can run a shift light and a nitrous kit or meth kit. Pretty amazing little box.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
food for thought on this, I've been out tuning my own car and have one of these, afr's are fine when I stay in one gear but if shift and dont do the wot shift, just normal, the next gear runs much richer and stumbles upon the shift. i'm gonna try turning everything on the box off and see if it changes anything in this. Otherwise I'll just have to get used to wot shifting 100% of the time.

I'm interested to hear what you found out in your testing. I've got a wot box on my AI road race car.

watman02

Established Member
ive had mine on for over a month now and love it only thing is you cant power brake the car as the clutch switch and brake switch are on the same circut (i assume) every time i try and hit the brake pedal it cuts the engine out, i need to find out witch switch is witch so i can unhook it for friday as ill be taking the car back to the track that day.

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
How does this effect tuning since it only cuts ignition when the throttle is at 100% AND you pusu the clutch it. I never heard of a car needing to be powder shifted on the dyno.

Users who are viewing this thread