NASA March 28-29 @ VIR

wheelhopper

Established Member
Just wondering who I can look forward to seeing on the track for my first event of the year on March 28-29 at VIR.

wheelhopper

Established Member
I did it twice last year and already have 2 lined up for this year. If you're thinking about it Rodney, you should just do it. VIR is regarded by most OT drivers as one of the best tracks in the country. It also is more suited to our type of cars. There are a lot more straights than what you have done at Summit.

BlackStripes

Established Member
me, i am going to be there. I had to bail on Feb. March is going to be my first event of the year!! :)... cannot wait!!

Where in Southern MD are you?

wheelhopper

Established Member
Sounds good. I don't know if there is anyone from the 8 or so group of guys that I try to do events with going. We'll have to touch base as the time gets closer.

kens03cobra

COILED
Established Member
I am trying to work it in Doug... I need to get back from Daytona, making sure the car is still running good by then ( this will be my shake down run) and then groom the car again to make sure all is well with the Procharger...

Are you thinking of getting one of the suites? How many bedrooms are they?

I am thinkiing we could make that work....

Ken

:beer::beer:

dragon40k

Established Member
I did it twice last year and already have 2 lined up for this year. If you're thinking about it Rodney, you should just do it. VIR is regarded by most OT drivers as one of the best tracks in the country. It also is more suited to our type of cars. There are a lot more straights than what you have done at Summit.

Yeah I want to get to VIR it just is tough with 2 kids under 3. Good thing i didn't really get into this until after I was married with children or i'd go broke. Plus I can't turn my wife into a track widow too often and she's not really interested in coming out and watching even if we did get someone to take our kids for the weekend.
However all that being said I'm going to try really hard to make this happen. I'll keep your posted with my plans.

wheelhopper

Established Member
I know how it is Rodney. I have 2 older kids and a 14 month old. But the way I see it is, if you don't make some fun time for yourself, you'll end up disatisfied with your living situation. You may not even realize it untill it is to late. I realized this after my 1st marriage.

Ken, if you want to look into "at the track lodging" you better decide soon. Those places fill up fast.

01Lowboy

SPTZCLNT
Established Member
Doug how long are you usually out there? Do you go down and stay for the weekend or what?

I'd def love to come down and spectate and see firsthand if it's something I want to get into.

wheelhopper

Established Member
I'll be leaving Friday morning and coming back Sunday late afternoon. Let me know if you're interested in going.

I can assure you, it is something that you would like to get into.

BlackStripes

Established Member
Usually i get a room above the garages. Each room has two beds and in several events some of my friends will crash there... sometimes up to 8 guys!! LOL .. very cheap :)

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Tim, I might be interested in going to spectate as well, if I can share a room with someone.
Would be hard to just watch, though. I might have to stow-away in Doug's rear seat for a few laps. :D

BlackStripes

Established Member
Tim, I might be interested in going to spectate as well, if I can share a room with someone.
Would be hard to just watch, though. I might have to stow-away in Doug's rear seat for a few laps. :D

Next week i am calling VIR to check the rates. Regardless I am getting a room. So far, only the 'over the hill' vette guys are going, and all of the them sleep in their enclosed trailers... so... I will need some roomates to get the price down! :).

My formula is simple, each night divided by number of people, and if you don't sleep on a bed (only 1 per bed, please ! :) ) you pay 1/2. :)

wheelhopper

Established Member
Count me in Hector. I would have no problem splitting a room. Let me know if you have space.

Greg, you don't have to stow in the trunk. You can sit in the back seat and hold the camera.

dragon40k

Established Member
Doug how long are you usually out there? Do you go down and stay for the weekend or what?

I'd def love to come down and spectate and see firsthand if it's something I want to get into.

If you go take your helmet and do the hyperdrive. For $50 you get a 20 minute session with an instructor. It will be the best $50 you ever spent.

wheelhopper said:
I know how it is Rodney. I have 2 older kids and a 14 month old. But the way I see it is, if you don't make some fun time for yourself, you'll end up disatisfied with your living situation. You may not even realize it untill it is to late. I realized this after my 1st marriage.

Its not so much me its her. She's a stay at home mom and then she has to spend weekends at home with the kids while i'm away. If anything she'd be the one dissatisfied with that situation, but I completely understand where you're coming from. Last year the events I did I had my mom watch the my older son and my wife stayed home with the younger one. I don't know how much of that I can count on without wearing out the welcome.

kens03cobra

COILED
Established Member
If you go take your helmet and do the hyperdrive. For $50 you get a 20 minute session with an instructor. It will be the best $50 you ever spent.

Its not so much me its her. She's a stay at home mom and then she has to spend weekends at home with the kids while i'm away. If anything she'd be the one dissatisfied with that situation, but I completely understand where you're coming from. Last year the events I did I had my mom watch the my older son and my wife stayed home with the younger one. I don't know how much of that I can count on without wearing out the welcome.

I am in for this one.

I say take the wife and kids, make it a family event, rent an RV or something for them to hang in at the track.....

I DID NOT do the things I wanted during my 21 year marriage and she still divorced my ass :poke::poke: jus sayin

Come see the procharged Foci in action:banana::banana:

Ken

wheelhopper

Established Member
Ken, you always say Foci. Isn't that plural, like fungi, impying that you are driving more than 1?

Is this a debate for a different thread?

Users who are viewing this thread