NASACAR engines will be available after rules change.

6.0GTO

Established Member
Long video. If you lose interest in things between each blink of an eye this is not for you. If on the other hand you are interested in the technical aspects of the engine, which is quite different than most anything on the street and how they were able to get 152hp/L you might enjoy the video.

Thorpz

Established Member
Premium Member
That connecting rod side clearance on the crank is huge.... amazing stuff really

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
Had to forward this one to pops, he will flip!

Wonder how much one of those rigs gonna cost??

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Had to forward this one to pops, he will flip!

Wonder how much one of those rigs gonna cost??
~$40k was the last number I saw for a Nascar engine.

These engines are bad ass but unless I was class limited I would probably be looking for other ways to do it.

Junior00

Hurter Of Delicate Vaginas
Established Member
Premium Member
I personally helped a buddy build an SB2. Most of the parts including block, heads, valve train, intake and other assorted small items were purchased through eBay from second hand sources…all of the components were Hendrick stuff though. I don’t know how much has changed in yhe 13-14 years since we did that though. Surprisingly, it was relatively cheap and when I say that I mean the heads were around 2k and block was 1700 iirc. He ended up having about 13k when all was said and done but he had a larger stroke Winberg crank made and of course custom rods and pistons.

I wanted to jump on the Dodge R5/P7 train, parts were stupid cheap for those at the time but I had a new baby and too much already tied up in my mustang. It’s amazing what they invest in them.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
No one? The threads been up since Saturday and no one's impressed that NASA is making car engines?

Users who are viewing this thread