• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

National Red Flag Law promised by Congress

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by rborden, Aug 6, 2019.

1. TaraFirma

TaraFirma Well-Known Member Established Member

No oversight during NFA 1934. We’re sill dealing with that debacle.

rborden likes this.
  2. Blown 89

Blown 89 Well-Known Member Established Member

Here's the game plan:

-Introduce a gun law to prevent crime
    -The law doesn't work
    - Retain unsuccessful law
    -Introduce another gun law to prevent crime
    -That law doesn't work
    -Retain yet another unsuccessful law

Repeat that enough times and all of your rights to own firearms are gone. Americans won't realize what's going on until it's too late to stop it. We're half way there and people still aren't standing up for their rights.

BlksvtCobra01 and Klay like this.
  3. Sonic605hp

Sonic605hp I have a large member. Established Member

The first step to taking our guns was Obama pushing the digitization of medical records and the questioning of children about guns in the home. They're making their list already.

4. lexustech48

lexustech48 RIP FoMoCo 1903-2014 Premium Member Established Member

This is wholey unconstitutional.

EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU SHOULD BE ON THE PHONE WITH YOUR CONGRESSMAN AND SENATORS OFFICE TO VOICE YOUR 100% OPPOSITION TO SUCH IDIOCY.

SHIFTYBUSINESS, tistan, Revvv and 3 others like this.
  5. rborden

rborden Well-Known Member Established Member

Any cop that engages in Red Flag Ops, deserves what he/she gets. I’m not anti-cop, I’m anti-stupid and anti-government lap dog.

I was at the airport in Reno a fews weeks ago and overheard a conversation between two middle aged men and about the possibility of civil war. Both were commenting on the stupidity of liberals and how great it will be to kill them all when it starts.

What will SWAT do with residences that have outside surveillance systems that alert the homeowner and give him/her a heads up before they come in.

This no-knock raid crap is absolutely insane. Just look at what happened in Houston a while back.

New Evidence in Houston No Knock Raid where Couple were Killed

I personally think it would be better to detain a person at work, get keys or a garage door opener and then retrieve said firearms.

However all this Red Flag talk is gonna do is get people to spread their weapons and ammo outside of the home.

They’ll leave their crappy guns at home, the ones they can afford to lose. The good guns and ammo will be at a friends house, a family members house, a second property, a storage unit, a cabin, an isolated cave, maybe a safe deposit box.

6. Double"O"

Double"O" N2S come get some Established Member

Man if they do a no knock breach on my house I'm screwed...I've slept through an earthquake before lol

rborden and Need 04 Wine like this.
  7. PhoenixM3

PhoenixM3 Hello Kitty Slayer Established Member

I think that all congressmen supporting this bill should die swiftly and suddenly by tragedies NOT gun-related, lol.

(for the internet and thought police, please note the addition of "lol" to the previous statement. This well-known acronym completely negates the notion that I'd like to see, cause, or be involved in any congress members' well-deserved, violent demise. Signed, PhoenixM3's internet Legal Team)

8. Blk04L

Blk04L . . . Premium Member Established Member

Not that I disagree with some here but:

Recently, when a mass shooting occurs there's always a handful of posters complaining that the system failed once again and another mentally unstable person was allowed to own a gun.
    They claim either the FBI or local agencies dropped the ball.

Now, a bill is proposed to take away guns from "mentally unstable" people and y'all are up in arms about it.

*Of course this statement does not apply to everyone here so if the first statement doesn't match your beliefs than obviously I'm not talking about you.

PhoenixM3 likes this.
  9. 04dreamcobra

04dreamcobra When it runs, it's fast... Established Member

I hope they don't no knock my house at night... They would be greeted with high velocity hellos. Simple for not knowing what is breaking into my house. And we all know how that situation plays out in the end...

Revvv, PowerWheels and rborden like this.
  10. 04dreamcobra

My concern there is how do they define "mentally unstable"? These days if you disagree with anyone you are messed up in some way. I'm fine with something that removes unsafe items from people that would/could harm the general public. And just because they are considered mentally unstable at the time of an incident doesn't mean they were at the time of purchase. Just way too much grey area and I don't have faith in the leadership of this country to make a smart decision on how to resolve these types of issues.

rborden, BlksvtCobra01, Klay and 2 others like this.
  11. Blk04L

Blk04L . . . Premium Member Established Member

Of course. Which is why I'm not saying I'm a fan of the bill, at least how it was presented in that article.

However, if some weirdo is posting some shit on FB while holding a gun and praising the Columbine shooters, or acting like that Dayton shooter, and people have evidence that the dude is a bit off(to the point of real concern), then I wouldn't be opposed to at least a local agency watching him some more or even checking up on him.

It did seem like the bill would allow states to develop their own system. So, if you live in a red state it could be more lax than living in a dominate blue state.

rborden and 04dreamcobra like this.
  12. SVTdreamin04

SVTdreamin04 What's a "Termi"??? Premium Member Established Member

I love how some Americans feel that the Government can fix this problem. They can't even agree on the simplest things and we think they're capable of fixing a problem like this? It's laughable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. 04dreamcobra

Agreed. If there is evidence of someone being off their rocker like that then they should be checking on them. Some state level or even more local option could be better. Country vs city laws could be very different.

BlksvtCobra01 and Blk04L like this.
  14. Great Asp

Great Asp Well-Known Member Premium Member Established Member

There are enough laws already, bad actors don't care about cuck laws. There is a law against murder, that didn't save anyone.

I say intact the toughest laws on guns in a city, or state and see if it helps. Oh, they already did that in Chicago and California.....

We already know why they want to confiscate guns.

vaxb3.jpg

E

rborden and BlksvtCobra01 like this.
  15. tt335ci03cobra

tt335ci03cobra Well-Known Member Established Member

Wait, is murder legal now? Last I checked they’ve banned mass murder. Have they tried that yet? It might work!

If banning and confiscating guns is the solution, shouldn’t they try banning mass shootings too?

Laws limiti the lawful. Criminals break the law to suit their fancy.

What’s the difference of confiscating a crazy persons guns and just detaining them to investigate their recent actions? Last I checked, an officer can detain someone on suspicion. If you post ridiculous violent rape and killing shit like this Ohio shooter did, you invite investigation. That’s a wellness check for sure.

A sane person without issues can handle a half day of detainment to record or explain their activity.

16. BlksvtCobra01

BlksvtCobra01 Do it again and I'll make it real Established Member

Bingo I mean for **** sakes piggly Naddler still is going after Kavanaugh. What about repealing Obama care you can keep your Dr. Formthe left it’s their way or the highway no compromise.

PhoenixM3 and 04MysticCobra like this.
  17. BlksvtCobra01

BlksvtCobra01 Do it again and I'll make it real Established Member

My issue with red flag is it’s violates some constitutional rights. I’m all for mental health care reform. That said the Dayton guys ex gf and friends have said more things about him being off and one friend said he stopped hanging out with him when he held a gun to his head. They should be charged for not reporting this. But you could also try cleaning her say. Plain and simple with what stupid sob did in HS he shoulda never owned a firearm.

18. svtfocus2cobra

svtfocus2cobra Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi Established Member

When a ban is enacted we need to organize an SVTP "car meet" where you bring your collection of favorite guns and gear to show off and we go on a friendly march. Invite your friends and family, all patriots who enjoy guns are welcome.

PhoenixM3 likes this.
  19. PhoenixM3

PhoenixM3 Hello Kitty Slayer Established Member

I think part of the concern is
    Where did I place my "Its a Trap!" meme?

BlksvtCobra01 likes this.
  20. svtfocus2cobra

svtfocus2cobra Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi Established Member

Couldn't trap us if the meet is large enough!

rborden likes this.