Need a Better Sound for 2001 GT

Scud2

Established Member
Haha! I am in the process of learning stick as well. So I rev a lot before I hit the engagement point on the clutch. That might be loud.
Only for a time. Once you get it down just start in second..a little less sound.

2001 Mustang GT
Vortech V3 Supercharged
402 HP 389 Torque

Three21

Established Member
Bassani catted X and Bassani catback. No raspiness, nice and clean with perfect rumble on an n/a 2v. I've loved my set for years and was tame at idle and came alive up top

Scud2

Established Member
Bassani catted X and Bassani catback. No raspiness, nice and clean with perfect rumble on an n/a 2v. I've loved my set for years and was tame at idle and came alive up top
Pops has full Bassani exhaust on 2005 3V. Sick! Puts out completely different tone than my flowmasters. Deeper and no rasp like you said. Little more of a price tag however.

2001 Mustang GT
Vortech V3 Supercharged
402 HP 389 Torque

Fritchard

Established Member
Pops has full Bassani exhaust on 2005 3V. Sick! Puts out completely different tone than my flowmasters. Deeper and no rasp like you said. Little more of a price tag however.

2001 Mustang GT
Vortech V3 Supercharged
402 HP 389 Torque
Quick question, what is the difference between the stock H-pipe, and getting an aftermarket catted H-pipe. Is it worth it?

Scud2

Established Member
Quick question, what is the difference between the stock H-pipe, and getting an aftermarket catted H-pipe. Is it worth it?
Personally I think you may get a little better flow and sound. Also it may come with high flow cats. Other than that I can't say it's a huge difference. But that is just my opinion.

2001 Mustang GT
Vortech V3 Supercharged
402 HP 389 Torque

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member

I believe the aftermarket ones typically only have 2 cats instead of the 4 or 6 that came on the mustangs. So you get slightly better flow, and a little better sound.

They are still illegal as far as smog laws are concerned as you don't have the factory number of cats in factory locations, but they can help if a cop or someone decides to take a look under the car as they will see a cat.

Mustang-life

If you want loud on a budget go catless, H pipe will give you a more of a classic muscle tone and if you go with X pipe will give you more better flow and better torch and at acceleration but at higher RPMs will get raspy, for exhaust go with Flowmasters 40 or 10

Scud2

Established Member
If you want loud on a budget go catless, H pipe will give you a more of a classic muscle tone and if you go with X pipe will give you more better flow and better torch and at acceleration but at higher RPMs will get raspy, for exhaust go with Flowmasters 40 or 10
10s are so tiny haha. It's crazy! You can hold them up and see right through them. I was gonna put one on a friend's car and after he got it I was like don't do it lol.

2001 Mustang GT
Vortech V3 Supercharged
402 HP 389 Torque

confused

Closet Mopar guy
Established Member
My supercharged 00 had mac mufflers on it when I got it and they were too loud with the long tubes and o/r X pipe.I switched to the Borla Pro XS mufflers and it was a nice clean low rumble at idle and cruise.It still screamed at WOT but was nice when not on the gas.Perfect muffler IMO.I still have an off road x(BBK)that has had high flow cats welded into the system for stock manifolds/shorty headers if you are interested.

Users who are viewing this thread