Need A/C help

runs2rch

7 minutes!!!!
Established Member
So I bought my truck with 29k on it from a dealer. A/C was not blowing cold. They agreed to fix it. Said it was the evap canister. It blew super cold up until today. Just stopped all together. I changed the plugs, cleaned the i/c, and put an Afco heat exchanger in. Fire up the truck and no A/C. Help please!!!!

runs2rch

7 minutes!!!!
Established Member
Is your compressor even kickin on??

So I figured it out. Stupid mistake, but I don't understand how it affected the a/c. Either I left the number 6 coil unplugged or did not clip it all the way on. Truck was running a little rough and then became rougher. I scan it and pull a code for a coil pack, misfire at startup and supercharger overboosting. Plug the coil pack in triple check everything, fire it up and everything is fine. Weird. I thought I may have had a bad plug because on my last truck I chased a bunch of problems on the dyno. Starting with the plugs, then coil packs, then injectors. Anyways It is all good :rockon:

Ralph50

Speed Addict
Established Member
same happened to me when I left the truck sitting for a month.

i put in a can of r-134 and it was fixed.

can you check the pressures. they should be between 30 and 40 on the low side.

CHIZ

GeoMetros worse nightmare
Established Member
:bash: I can't believe I did that. I am so anal too when I work on stuff. I double and triple check everything. I still don't get why the a/c was blowing warm though????

happens to the best of us....glad you worked it out.:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread