Need a clever suggestion to fix Bassani Tip

JAXCOBRA99

Established Member
One of my tips is slightly out of round on the bottom side.. Previous owner must have backed into a spot with a high curb or something and flatened the bottom just a hair.. (enough to notice).

They are the 4in tips and I was trying to think of what I can do to true it up.. I'd need something metal most likely that starts off less than 4in and tapers to a diamter of 4in or more. Can anyone think of anything I can use to do that?

I have a plastic Parking Cone but because it's plastic I'm sure it won't stand up to being hammered into my exhaust tip very well. lol..

A hammer doesn't seem to be very easy to use because you can't really hit down inside the inner diameter of the tip.

Thanks!
B.

Last edited:

huben94

Established Member
I have the same problem

I was thinking more along the lines of a piece of wood, round hopefully.

JAXCOBRA99

Established Member
Thanks for the suggestion.. I gave up on anyone ever responding to this one.. I did find a solution.. I had a friend who had one of those 4in Bassani Baffles. I beat that thing into the Exhaust Tip and it pretty much trued it up just fine.. I removed the Baffles and it's all good.

SVT04

Established Member
JAXCOBRA99 said:
Thanks for the suggestion.. I gave up on anyone ever responding to this one.. I did find a solution.. I had a friend who had one of those 4in Bassani Baffles. I beat that thing into the Exhaust Tip and it pretty much trued it up just fine.. I removed the Baffles and it's all good.

Glad you got it fixed. Really simple way to fix it without hammering anything into it would be with a piece of 2" solid round bar stock about 12"-16" long....hold the bent section down against a solid metal table and use the round stock stuck into the tip to tap down pushing out the bent part. It works mainly with the weight of the round stock......works like a charm....

SpectorV

Established Member
exhaust shops have a tool that spreads the pipe to slide over pipe of the same size~ they can very gently hit your tip with it and make it perfectly round perhaps~

Users who are viewing this thread