Need a cobra tune

07COBRAVENOM

R.I.P. Hissssss
Established Member
Hey everyone, weird question but I'm gonna ask anyways. I need a base tune to work off of till I get my tune squared away. Here is my setup
built bottom end with 8:5 compression.
Eaton swap with 2.8 pulley
JLT CAI
Longtube headers with O/R X
EGR delete
AEM 320 fuel pump.

I bought the PRP software from don lasotta but am having a hell of a time even trying to get the car to run on his start up tune. The first tune I had from him had a MAFia set on setting 2. Car would barely idle. Talking 18-20 AF ratio. Had the engine smoke tested because lasotta said I must have a massive vaccuum leak. No issues. Had the Fuel injectors serviced, they are the blue 39lb injectors. Still no change. I pulled the MAFia and my AF went to 14-15. I thought good start. I told Lasotta what I did and he said that the tune was written for the MAFia and that without it the car wouldn't run right. He sent me another start up tune without the MAFia changes and once again when I went to fire it up car was chugging and AF was in the 20's. I shut it off after 3 minutes. Loaded up the Original tune that was supposed to have the MAFia and the car once again started up with a AF of 14-15.

I was wondering if someone had a Cobra tune I could mimic to start my own base tune since I'm having so many issues with the base tune that Lasotta sent me.

HELP PLEASE!!!

* after re-reading this post it seems like I am bashing or throwing lasotta under the bus, I am not. In fact I feel bad for him because I have been bugging him everytime my car has a issue. He has been more then helpful with this damn car and I feel sorry for how many emails I have sent him with the issues I have been having. All I am wanting is a tune file for me to go off of for me to mimic so I don't have to keep bothering him since he has done all he can from his end. *

Last edited:

cj428mach

Established Member
Don knows what he's talking about. You're basically having to lie to your car (Mafia not installed) in order to get it to run correctly, you need to find out what the problem is and go from there.

crfrider16

Heretic
Established Member
Rather than pulling the mafia out and messing with the base tune, why don't you set it up the way it's supposed to be, and start working your maf transfer function? Base tunes are just that. You may have to add or pull huge amounts of fuel to get it in the ballpark.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
If you look at the tune history you can tell if the tune was scaled for the MAFia. I'd double check since it runs fine without the MAFia in place.

Mach828

Established Member
I'd just start with the stock cobra values and not use the mafia initially. Bump up the lb/min flow in the MTF slightly and it should start fine, as the stock MAF won't peg at idle so you wouldn't need the mafia.

If it doesn't start fine you probably have some mechanical concern that needs addressed first.

I personally wouldn't want to tune a car that doesn't have a MAF fit for the application. Especially as a new tuner. I tuned my Mach with the HPX maf and the signal is outstanding and makes it easy to tune. I have seen some MTFs graphs from MAF setups that are not fit for the job and they are choppy to get the right AFR and car to run right. The MAF is the most critical component for tuning.

07COBRAVENOM

R.I.P. Hissssss
Established Member
So the issue that I found out is that my computer keeps corrupting the tune. I can make a tune from scratch but I can't even load up value files from a 03 cobra nothing happens. So confused with this damn car. I'm calling SCT in the morning because I think my Advantage 3 software is bad.

cj428mach

Established Member
Make sure you're clearing your Kamrf's between flashes as I'm not 100% sure how it works on these cars but I don't believe the adaptive learning is cleared when you reflash the car. If its not you can really really chase your tail if its not.

Users who are viewing this thread