Need a little help, car is running wierd!!

foxman92

Its slow
Established Member
ok well to make a long story short.. i just rebuilt the engine in my car.. well tonight i fired the car up for the first time.:banana: The engine runs smooth!! but when cranking the car over the dome light in car flickers, and when the fans kicked on it bogs the car pretty hard! almost wants to die.. and seems to miss a little, so i thought it might be a ground issue?? i looked everything over and im not finding any loose wires.. so shoot me your thoughts so i can figure this thing out and get it tuned!!

also i did data log it, the fuel pressure is right around 40lbs, timing is a 10 degrees at idle, the volts were 13v, and everything else seems fine while i data logged it. just when fans kick on, it bogs the car. idk if its a tune issue or what?

Last edited:

big dad

Established Member
The first thing you need to do is run a VAT check. Check the battery and starting, charging system. I think you may have a battery issue

BTW, VAT means volts amps test in case you didn't know. Also check your connections like you've suggested.

foxman92

Its slow
Established Member
The first thing you need to do is run a VAT check. Check the battery and starting, charging system. I think you may have a battery issue

BTW, VAT means volts amps test in case you didn't know. Also check your connections like you've suggested.

well ill give it a shot this weekend.. the car didnt do anything like this before rebuild.. same starter, battery, alt. etc.. im gonna double check everything again, but there is deff something wrong somewhere!

Users who are viewing this thread