Need a new phone

ViciousJay

Established Member
Ok guys, I'm in the tech world and are still rocking a Iphone 6. Unfortunately after 5 years it's literally seen better days and it's glitchy, including the vibrate silence button no longer works and it feels like a dud. I'm not dropping 1K on a phone that all I do is make calls, text, read mail, youtube, plex server and some minor browsing. I was thinking of going to an XR and have found some insanely good deals brand new for $500 which works for me. Is it a good phone?

Skitzerman

NE Philly
Established Member
I am pretty much in the same boat as you. I have a 6s that has been giving me some problems. It needs a new battery and with all the pics and apps on it, the phone is giving me agg. I'm thinking of jumping to the base 11 for $700, just waiting for a better deal.

ViciousJay

Established Member
I am pretty much in the same boat as you. I have a 6s that has been giving me some problems. It needs a new battery and with all the pics and apps on it, the phone is giving me agg. I'm thinking of jumping to the base 11 for $700, just waiting for a better deal.
In 2014 I paid $400 for my 6, 5 years later paying $100 more for a phone twice as nice is fine with me, even $700 is too rich for my blood. I looked at the 11 but getting a case or two, a few wireless chargers, gorilla glass protectors, Id be around $530 all together. I'm not photographer and could care less about extra cameras.

I need something that works on the fly and on the shitter at work to pass time haha

pwrshft99

Established Member
Recently got a Motorola G7 Power. Best Buy had it advertised for $250 online but was actually $199 in store.

Been about 4 months and I am still pleased with my decision. Really no complaints but I would say the camera is not as good as what you would get on a flagship device.

If you pride yourself on cheap, check out Mint Mobile. It is TMobiles network but the prices are hard to beat. I think the promotion now is unlimited talk and text with 12gb of data for $15 a month.

ViciousJay

Established Member
Recently got a Motorola G7 Power. Best Buy had it advertised for $250 online but was actually $199 in store.

Been about 4 months and I am still pleased with my decision. Really no complaints but I would say the camera is not as good as what you would get on a flagship device.

If you pride yourself on cheap, check out Mint Mobile. It is TMobiles network but the prices are hard to beat. I think the promotion now is unlimited talk and text with 12gb of data for $15 a month.
I'm on a networked family plan with AT&T so I'm not sure its an option.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Love my XR my 6SPlus battery was shit this summer, then the screen cracked I sold it for $80.00 got and XR no issues battery life is great. You could also look into a base 11.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The XR is a great phone. Nice bang for the buck. My granddaughter (older) has one and like it a lot. You're very familiar with the iPhone so it makes sense to stick with it vs. learning Android.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
the only reason I might spring for a "newer" iPhone is the camera's are actually excellent on them

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
91%2Bl%2B4-P7jL._SX355_.jpg

Youre welcome.

Kel

Established Member

Just picked up the 10xr for my son yesterday at Verizon. I suggest waiting until next (black) Friday as they're going to have some good deals coming up. You can order online if the specials are better there and simply opt to pick up at the store. We got i think $200 off the phone yesterday (I think it's now $450 over 24 months) and a whopping $67 trade in for the Iphone 7. Only reason we made the transaction yesterday is we're going on vacation tomorrow for a week otherwise we probably would've waited to see the deals. Good news is, if they have a sale in the next 14 days (black Friday), they'll extend those savings to our purchase. I think the biggest difference b/w the 10 and 11 is the camera(s), which unless you're a professional, you likely won't notice. Oh, if you or anyone in your family had military service you get $10 off per line per month too. Good luck!

Skitzerman

NE Philly
Established Member
^^^^^Yep, I'm going to wait to see what shakes out, next week. There is a big difference from what I have now, to the new phones that are out there now.

Blown 89

Established Member
www swappa.com

I picked up a brand new, never used LG G8 for $350 a free weeks after it was released. I buy all my phones there. It's basically a safe ebay for phones.

IMO the LG G8 or V50 are SCREAMING deals for a phone that specs out with the best of them and beats the pants off a lot of phones in many areas. LG are the depreciation kings in the phone world and right now they make the best phones on the market IMO. Either that or a new One plus. I wouldn't consider any other phone but those two at this point.

nxhappy

Established Member
anything LG or Motorola kicks the SHIT outta the gay iGay....

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
the only reason I might spring for a "newer" iPhone is the camera's are actually excellent on them
They are! I have the iPhone 11 Pro Max and the photos I've taken with it blow me away. I'm glad I upgraded from my 10 XS-Max.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
They are! I have the iPhone 11 Pro Max and the photos I've taken with it blow me away. I'm glad I upgraded from my 10 XS-Max.

the only thing I really hate about the new phones is that there's no more home button

Users who are viewing this thread