Need a Tuner in AZ? Devin at ADS in Chandler

guarnibl

Established Member
Thanks for keeping this thread alive!

I'm going to give this guy a call tomorrow as I really need to get the car re-tuned for summer. I'll post my experiences up after everything's said and done.

Jefe

Established Member
Not sure about that but he may have started there. Glad he got away from that awful institution

96Cobra1773

Established Member
I agree 100%... Tom was such a shit talkin liar back then, probly still is. But Devin worked on my car back then while he was there, they didnt have an in-house dyno, he took it elsewhere to try and tune it. Needless to say, i had to tow my car out of their shop.

Anybody know if the guys from SVT Motorsports that was located in scottsdale are still around? They fixed what AMP couldnt, but the damage was already done.

wickdgt

Established Member
Ok guys I need help, brought this thread back alive. Is this guy name Devin, still works at ADS? My son had a horrible experience at a dyno shop in Glendale AZ. Most of you will know the shop, Foxbody performance. When the tuner can't tune a 2005 Mustang gt with bolt on, hum he is not good. JLT series 3 CAI, BBK 62mm throttle body, Ford Motorsport INtake manifold, Bassani long tube headers, off road x pipe with no cats and over axle mufler flow master pro hush mufflers. That is it, stock motor and heads and cam all stock. I have follw this thread. The issue I have 1k for an NA tune so it can be driven in the street daily driver and maybe a few hp, I think is too high. Has anyone herad from this shop call Dyno Solutions of AZ? Can you guys recomend a reputable dyno place that can get this done. I look at Dyno Comp, but since my son does not have a hand hel tuner they can't tune it. Hum, so I guess they dont have the the software to do the tunes unless they use the owners hand held tune? Anyway, thanks for any info:

Edgar

PS, I just called ADS, Devin does not work there anymore.

Last edited:

Jefe

Established Member
Ya Devin left ADS. I heard he is at another shop but no luck tracking him down. Anyone have his cell #?

wickdgt

Established Member
Well I'm going to have it chip first then when the big mods come in then I get a hand held tuner. Right now I need to get him (my son) square away so he can get to school.

Stanger00

Established Member
Ok. Chips are not the norm these days. Not even sure people still tune those.

Anyway, give AZDC (Arizona Dyno Chip) a call and Keith will set you up with what you need.

RFM50

Established Member
From what I here, Devin is now at Vetteculture but they don't have a dyno as of yet. I have been trying to get by there to talk to him but I have been really busy and haven't had time. I have his cell and text him when I heard he left ADS but he never responded. I stopped in and talked with Bryan from Dyno Solutions in chandler about 2 weeks ago. He seems like a cool guy but he is a new shop and I have not seen any long standing results from his tuner. He specializes in Ford and seems like a decent guy but until I have seen long standing results, I can't recommend him.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I'll never understand why people don't just get email tunes from very reputable tuners, either contact VMP, Lund or hell for a basic bolt on mustang GT just get a email tune from BAMA performance.

krazyazian

Established Member
That's what I did. Too many good tuners out there. Unfortunately RWTD is out of business from what I've heard and that's who I got my tune from. I've been holding off installing parts because I'm in the process of finding another "e-mail" tuner. I'm not going through the hassle of tracking down Devin and if what RFM50 said is true about the shop not having a dyno then I'm not even going to bother. If I was building some off the wall turbo or big blower combo then I would definitely find a place to actually dyno tune my car but I'm doing a very common set-up that Lund, Amazon, VMP, etc....should have on file.

wickdgt

Established Member
Well the issue is that my son is not very confident on this thing of going back and forth on e-mail tunes etc. So, I'm sending him an SCT x4 power flash so when he take it to the dyno it can be tune with this. I thought about it and I don't like the idea of using a chip on these new cars. I spoke with Dyno Solutions, his name is Shaun Price, he can tune etc. But his tuner is at the SCT seminar/ class for the tuning of the new coyote Mustang/ Ford trucks. Talking to him, he said to me if we were not happy with the tune or if could not get it tune, NO Charge! He said they tune Ford Lightning's and Mustangs. I hope when the car is there it can be tune. The appointment is for the 4 of April.

Now let me tell you about the other place, reason he was doing pulls in 3rd gear, Oh because in forth gear due to the 3.55 gears it will mph 150!! So, is the guy afraid of the dyno? I mean, he tunes all cars in 3rd gear so it won't mph on the dyno above 90 mph, LOL I wonder how many cars came out of there been rich when the car is on 1 to 1. In face book a guy I guess complain and responded, stop texting me that the car smells rich, ha, ha. So for you guys out there, don't get near that shop for a tune. Fox Body performance. Even if they can't tune it they will still charge you. 400.00 that went down the drain.

Edgar

Jefe

Established Member
I'll never understand why people don't just get email tunes from very reputable tuners, either contact VMP, Lund or hell for a basic bolt on mustang GT just get a email tune from BAMA performance.
The only reason I didnt like doing that is the time it takes to make runs, download/emails logs, get a new tune back, upload, new log, repeat, etc. All while having your fingers crossed that the tuner didnt miss something and it runs fine on each run

Devin made about 15 short runs with my car on the dyno until he was comfortable making a full run and fine tuning it.

wickdgt

Established Member
The only part that I bought was the Hand Held, he has bought everything and on top of that he installed the long tube headers on his garage on jack stands. I told him he did great cause I hate to work on them Modular engines, even thou I have a Ford F250 with a V10, LOL.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread