Need an H or X Pipe for a Cobra - What's New

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
It has been awhile since I've kept up with the exhaust market and just wanted to know what would be a good choice. It's for an 03 Cobra and will be going into a MAC 3" catback system. Where is a good place to buy it from, good deals...

Wants:
-Catted
-nice sounding, of course
-somewhat loud but certainly not too quiet
-good quality

Last edited:

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Might be better off posting this in the Terminator section.

There should be an exhaust thread with a bunch of owners posting video clips of their exhaust systems.

I used to have a Mac-X Pipe with high flow cats and 1 chamber flow masters. Wasnt too loud in idle/low RPM but screamed above 3500.

MinGrey02Stg2

Established Member
My buddy had an O/R X pipe and Magnapacks and it was the best sounding Terminator I've ever heard. Very refined and almost exotic, but unmistakably Mustang Cobra.

I had the Magnaflow catback with Bassani O/R X that I'd say was a close second. Those engines sound sooo much better than the Coyotes IMO.

robvas

Established Member
I have been using the BBK ones

American muscle has them open box once in a while for like $150 off

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator

There should be an exhaust thread with a bunch of owners posting video clips of their exhaust systems.

I used to have a Mac-X Pipe with high flow cats and 1 chamber flow masters. Wasnt too loud in idle/low RPM but screamed above 3500.
No shit.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
I always like the catted Bassani X. The 5 piece design is a little bit of a pain to line up though.

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
How about kooks long tubes, 3" into 2.5" kooks x-pipe, and Borla stinger catback. It's LOUD. I like it, but it drones some on the highway and gets loud, but sounds good under boost. Probably not for someone looking for mellow.

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member

Thanks for the heads up. It has been awhile since I've posted on here and completely forgot about the Terminator/Exhaust forum.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I've always used H pipes in the past so it's nice to hear everyone's feed back on the X's.
I have been using the BBK ones

American muscle has them open box once in a while for like $150 off
Good to know, I will have to keep a look out.
Quality wise ARH/Kooks/Stainless Works
I've always heard good things about Kooks and Stainless Works. I've never heard of ARH though.
Had better luck with H pipes that X pipes on all my 99-04 models. Seems to be less rasp, better tone.
Yeah I've always had the H pipes and loved the sound. I like to keep my options open and see if there was anything worth switching over for.
I always like the catted Bassani X. The 5 piece design is a little bit of a pain to line up though.

I love the sound of Bassani.
How about kooks long tubes, 3" into 2.5" kooks x-pipe, and Borla stinger catback. It's LOUD. I like it, but it drones some on the highway and gets loud, but sounds good under boost. Probably not for someone looking for mellow.
I've always wanted long tubes but at this point I'm going to just stick with factory setup, just for the ease, ha.

H-pipe was always my favorite sounding, even though I had an X-pipe on mine.

Yeah it's hard to beat an H pipe.

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
Byepolr modified a kooks 3” X-pipe(stainless) to fit, then 3” stainless to Kooks mufflers and out the back tailpipes. It’s quieter because of the turbos but I am loving the sound. It was no X-pipe before and 2.5” through borla stingers, and this sounds way better in my biased opinion

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread