Need fitment help! 2003 Cobra

Shotgun853

Mustang Enthusiast
I just purchased used H&R black lowering springs. As I am installing (I know..) I realize these are for coupes, as I have a convertible.
Will they still fit? What issues may I run into?
Part Number on them is 51659
The fronts are X/T
And the rears are P/S
I'm not sure why they are different.
Thanks in advance for the help!

joshcarp81

Established Member
Nope many people installing different brands leave whichever they choose out to achieve the look they are after. You just may be forced to run yours a certain way with no options because of the coupe rear springs being shorter
There are plenty of threads out there pertaining to this. Just use the search button. Or Google.

Shotgun853

Mustang Enthusiast
Yeah will be lower rear

Thanks I appreciate it.

Maybe joshcarp81 could learn a thing or two. Got my answer in one simple reply, and he didnt feel the need to be a constant smartass. The first few times, I let it go. You know the funny thing, bud? Google takes me to the forums. Hmmm. I wonder forums are for? Maybe figuring out an issue? Dont have to be such a jackass, fella. Have a good one.

joshcarp81

Established Member
????????
I didn't realize I was being a smartass.
Because I asked why u didn't get the right ones?
And then later after posting I realized you bought them used.
That's fine and all but instead of slamming me because I said to ALSO try the search button other than the info I gave you. I also use the Google search button to find threads on this site. Works great. Same as your issue. A very similar thread came up upon searching.
I was getting at the fact that there are a few threads out there with different manufacturers and configurations on what people are using and even before and after pictures.
It's quite easy to bash someone when they are thousands of miles away from you behind a screen isn't it?
I never resorted to insulting your intelligence either.
But I guess if I'm going to be some type of ass, it's good I'm a smart one and not a dumb one..... You have a wonderful day now.

joshcarp81

Established Member
Hope the install goes well for you.
There are also install guides on h and r website along with this site too.
But you'll have to search for the ones on the site :poke: ;)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread