Need gear suggestion for my kenne bell cobra

rizjan67

Established Member
Hello MACA,,,Well i have an 04 kenne bell cobra with 4.10 gears which was good when the car was under 500rwhp but now car have 623rwhp and 4.10s are getting on my nerves I mean its just too much gear for me I have to shift every time I hit the gas,
So I am thinking about going to 3:31 or stock 3:55s ,just want to know what gear ratio would be good with 600+horsepower.Any suggestions would be appreciated.

04yellowcobra

Established Member
What kind of mph are planning on going out the back door with? That will determine the gear and tire size.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
3.27 or 3.55 should be the right gear for you to still have punch and not be shifting all the time.

rizjan67

Established Member
What kind of mph are planning on going out the back door with? That will determine the gear and tire size.

Honestly I m not really worrying about track times more likely for street and not a lot but some often I go to track.

GT500RedStripe

More Power!
Established Member
Make sure you lock in a rear tire diameter. I started with 3.73 on my 26.3" tires. Then I went to 28.8 tires and needed to go to 4.10's. Now I have M&H tires (and man do they hook!) and at 28.0 inches, I am trapping at redline and might need to change again. I will want to go to the track and try it a few more times. Better ET might bring my speed down and 4.10's could be right.

HURTNEM

Well Blow Me Down!!!
Established Member
Are you planning on running bigs/littles or even a 28" tire on the street? If so, I believe the 28" tire will make 4.10s perform like 3.55s, so that'll change your shifting to like factory. Also, if you're going to go with 26" tires (normal/stock height) then 3.55s would be good and if you put a 28" tire on with those it'll make the 3.55s perform like 3.27s, so you'll have longer time in between shifts and less TQ to worry about taking off from a dig.

When I increase my power if the stock gears are too much I'm personally going with 3.27s, but I'll try a 28" tall tire 1st to see how I like it before I switch gears.

Users who are viewing this thread