Need help . CLUSTER NOT WORKING

Mr.CuBaN

Established Member
Hey guys , so long story short I had issue with my radiator fan I got home and disconnected it and plugs it back in and it started working . BUT my cluster die , no lights and nothing on the cluster is working . Everything else works fine and car drives normal . I have check all the fuses with the test light and they are all good , I tested another cluster and still the same issue.

CAN anyone PLZ help me with this . Thank you in advance

nyuk98GT

Established Member
Mr. CuBaN,

Disclaimer: I'm not very good with electrical stuff so keep your expectations low. :D

Do you have access to a shop manual (electrical system)? Fuse F26 (10 A) in the smart junction box (SJB) is for the instrument cluster. I suggest pulling the existing fuse and plugging in a new fuse, just to confirm that the meter reading is giving you the whole story. Is there 12 VDC showing on meter at the fuse connection (that is, the sockets for the fuse blades)?

Another thing that comes to mind is to check the main harness in the area of the fan motor wire. If it is chafed then that may be part (or all) of the problem.

Last thing I can think of is to check the grounds in the area that you were working. I haven't followed the wiring diagrams enough to know if the cluster ground is linked to the ground in the harness that has the cooling fan. But, it's something to check.

That's all I got, lol.

HTH,

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread